Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jdrichard01
  • 1 Post By diggiton
  • 1 Post By diggiton

Thread: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member jdrichard01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    64

    Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Just repaired a vintage 8 Day Hebdomas Pocket Watch
    https://youtu.be/ZC_fOVzqAp4


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    diggiton and bsshog40 like this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Interesting watch and real quality but hope those thumbs weren't too sore after winding that spring in

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    jdrichard01 likes this.

  3. #3
    Member jdrichard01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    64

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Quote Originally Posted by diggiton View Post
    Interesting watch and real quality but hope those thumbs weren't too sore after winding that spring in

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Thumbs are good. It is almost running on time. Balance a bit weak but the spring is 100 years old.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,247

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    touching the parts and the plates with bare fingers when cleaning and assembling?
    Chaos is my focus

  6. #5
    Member jdrichard01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    64

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    touching the parts and the plates with bare fingers when cleaning and assembling?
    Not selling this watch,so didn’t take extreme care: but i got your point. This is a hobby for me, so it has to be fun


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Finger cots are of great benefit in a sterile manufacturing environment. But in a hobbyist non sterile environment, the benefits are questionable, unless you have particularly sweaty hands. How many video's have I seen where I see some guy wearing finger cots, leaning over the movement wearing his woolly jumper and scratching his beard !

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    jdrichard01 likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,247

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    diggiton I could not get your point :) professional or hobbyist, touching parts with bare fingers leads to the same problems
    Chaos is my focus

  9. #8
    Member jdrichard01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    64

    Re: Vintage Hebdomas - I Repaired

    Quote Originally Posted by diggiton View Post
    Finger cots are of great benefit in a sterile manufacturing environment. But in a hobbyist non sterile environment, the benefits are questionable, unless you have particularly sweaty hands. How many video's have I seen where I see some guy wearing finger cots, leaning over the movement wearing his woolly jumper and scratching his beard !

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    I do not have a NASA certified clean room. I agree with you, however, i do where them following cleaning if it is someone else's time piece.

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Vintage Seiko/Camy: Repairable?
      By Ulysses-31 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 00:16
    2. Vintage Omega Worth Repair?
      By rbescos in forum Omega
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: February 11th, 2009, 03:30
    3. Vintage Omega Parts/Repair
      By murchmb in forum Omega
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: November 28th, 2007, 22:14
    4. Vintage Doxa Sharkhunter Repairs
      By billweddle in forum DOXA S.A.
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: December 24th, 2006, 11:46
    5. Vintage Seiko chrono repair in US?
      By gaiolakin in forum Seiko
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: August 6th, 2006, 22:11

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •