Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

Thread: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Hi All,

    I'm very new to this forum and also fairly new to watch collecting. I recently purchased a gorgeous ladies Nivada watch that I believe to be from the 50's possibly. It is a wind-up, and from what I understand and have been told these should only have to be wound up approximately every 3 days... Is this correct? Also, I have tried looking for a watch that is similar to the one I have, but I can't find anything. Any info/advice would help. Thanks! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    22,213

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Moved to Vintage and Pocket Watches.

    Jeannie

  3. #3
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,970

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Well, if you wind it every three days, it is certainly likely to stop in between. Winding it daily would be more like it (if you are going to use it daily). As for the watch, I have never seen one like that but I have seen others in that style. Ladies' watches from that era are practically worthless in themselves because virtually noone wants them. This may sound cruel but it is the sad truth. Their only value is material (i.e. gold and in your case maybe also precious stones value) unless they are from an exceedingy famous high class maker (Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet.....).

    Hartmut Richter

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Well, if you wind it every three days, it is certainly likely to stop in between. Winding it daily would be more like it (if you are going to use it daily). As for the watch, I have never seen one like that but I have seen others in that style. Ladies' watches from that era are practically worthless in themselves because virtually noone wants them. This may sound cruel but it is the sad truth. Their only value is material (i.e. gold and in your case maybe also precious stones value) unless they are from an exceedingy famous high class maker (Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet.....).

    Hartmut Richter


    Any idea what era the watch may be? Like I said, I'm new to the watch collecting thing and any info is greatly appreciated.

  6. #5
    Member coastcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    617

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissPawn85 View Post
    Any idea what era the watch may be? Like I said, I'm new to the watch collecting thing and any info is greatly appreciated.
    Judging by the dial's style cues, I would guess mid 1950s to early 1960s.

    Unfortunately, as Helmut pointed out, the value of most vintage ladies' watches is in the gold and diamonds. It's no coincidence that you see numerous lot auctions on eBay for ladies' movements - that's the sad debris left after the cases are stripped of gems and melted for scrap gold. I collect vintage ladies' Hamiltons and it's tough to find intact watches with solid gold cases.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    I actually also have a vintage Hamilton with the gold and diamond case and bracelet. Maybe you could tell me a bit more about it. I just have a thing for vintage jewelry, rings and necklaces included, but I just LOVE watches. Most people tell me I'm an old soul, even though I'm in my mid 20s. Haha.

  8. #7
    Member coastcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    617

    Re: Vintage Ladies Nivada 14K WG & Diamond Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissPawn85 View Post
    I actually also have a vintage Hamilton with the gold and diamond case and bracelet. Maybe you could tell me a bit more about it. I just have a thing for vintage jewelry, rings and necklaces included, but I just LOVE watches. Most people tell me I'm an old soul, even though I'm in my mid 20s. Haha.
    Ooooooooooo... pics please! If you post some clear photos including close-ups of the dial and lugs, I'll try to identify the model and approximate year. If you can incude a photo of the movement or post the serial number (on the movement), that would also help - especially the serial number, because that lets me narrow down the catalog search quickly!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •