Vintage Niton Watch Info

Thread: Vintage Niton Watch Info

Vintage Niton Watch Info

I've been looking for a vintage jump hour watch recently and really liked the Niton one I saw at the link below. Does anyone have any info on this brand? I'm not even remotely interested in this particular one due to the price, as 1. I can't afford it, and 2. I have no idea what it's actually worth.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6073204..._click=1&frs=1

Re: Vintage Niton Watch Info

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivanjt View Post
    I've been looking for a vintage jump hour watch recently and really liked the Niton one I saw at the link below. Does anyone have any info on this brand? I'm not even remotely interested in this particular one due to the price, as 1. I can't afford it, and 2. I have no idea what it's actually worth.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6073204..._click=1&frs=1
    No, no information but why worry about a watch which you can not afford. For one thing it's a very expensive watch - if I had the money I'd rather get a Rolex, AP or Le-Coultre instead. But if you're curious try Googling.
    Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

Actually, you got me interested in this watch now. It does appear that this could be a Patek caliber movement. If that is so, I'd have to reconsider buying Rolex :)
    Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Perhaps consider a Bulova jump hour? They're anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand or so, save for a rare platinum specimen which typically costs as much as that Niton. Whatever you get, just be sure to budget a few hundred for a full servicing.

I've looked at the bulova jump hours, they look great! I just saw this (while I was looking for bulova jump hours) and thought it looked pretty unique, so I wanted to know if anyone had any info on it.

The movement is Niton's own - cal. 5711:
    Formwerke 9"'
    As the annotation goes, they were known to supply movements to Patek and others.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information