Vintage Omega

Thread: Vintage Omega

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Omega

Hello
    I got this vintage gold Omega watch from my grandfather who past in 2008, not exactly sure where he got it as he wasn't known to wear expensive watches. Anyway he wore it as a work watch for years til he cracked the crystal and the hands fell off then he retired it. I got it in '08 and took it to the jewelry store who sent it off and really did a good job of restoring it. My question is not knowing much about watches what can anyone tell me about it? I know its a gold watch but what is the value as well? Thanks in advance, oh didn't know if I should post here or in the Omega forum.

Re: Vintage Omega

Valuations aren't done here, read the stickies. The movement inside the watch will tell you alot more about the watch than the face and pictures of it are needed for ID purposes. That said it's agreat looking watch, and looks to be from the sixties or early seventies.

You think so? Dauphine style hands, the indexes and numbers - I would rather say mid 50ies. Other than that I agree!

etexas, keep it, this watch isn't going to loose value anymore, if You keep it in good condition. If You're interested in it's value, go check out a certain internet auction facility and compare there. Selling it won't earn You a fortune, if You have to one day, but it could serve to feed Your family for a couple of weeks (talking about food only, not the rent...). I guess this much can be said. If the family is not too big and completely spoilt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    You think so? Dauphine style hands, the indexes and numbers - I would rather say mid 50ies.
    Agreed. I have one almost identical (although in stainless) from 56.

pej

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    Agreed. I have one almost identical (although in stainless) from 56.
    I have several Omega watches from the early 50's that are pretty similar.
    This watch probably has a 354 'bumper' automatic movement, which was sold from 1949-1954.

the band is a twist o flex, get a nice leather one and fit it with a nice gold deployant gold bucle. Certainly a 34x or a 35x bumper.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Yeah its a flexible band, he loved those types. This one has a little rolling calender in it. I took a pic to show (sorry all my pics are by phone right now). The last month on it says Dec. '73, thought that was neat. My grandfather was one to wear a watch 24/7 no matter what, if he was digging potato's, working on the tractor/car, cutting timber, etc. Its just amazing to me that he had this watch so beat up over the years and with the broken crystal, the hands had fallen off and were floating around the dial, the dial brown from dirt, the watch just looked bad. And for $75 it looks good as new I wound it and wore it for a week no problems, just a little to small for my tastes.

I love those little calendars! Is this one integrated into the band? I have seen some that were quite aftersought.

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    I love those little calendars! Is this one integrated into the band? I have seen some that were quite aftersought.
    Yes its integrated with a roller at top of the calender and a roller below it as I don't know much about it I haven't messed with the calender. Didn't figure there would be a 2010/2011 calender in it any way .

Banned

Nice watch, nice band, super cool calendar.

I remember a simpler version, made from thin Aluminium that had tabs you bent around the strap. This one is waaaaay cooler!

Could be cool if you could make new calendar insert with the next couple of years.

Too small in today's fashion, but very, very wearable, as your granddads habits show! Is it about 34mm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information