Vintage Omega authenticity question. All original or franken 64 Seamaster DV
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Vintage Omega authenticity question. All original or franken 64 Seamaster DV

Vintage Omega authenticity question. All original or franken 64 Seamaster DV

Good Morning
    I am interested in purchasing this listed 64 Seamaster DeVille with a 610 movement. It looks to be in excellent shape for me but i am wondering if it is indeed all original. Movement and type seem to appear so. here are some of the listing details

Case: Monocoque stainless steel case - Ref. 136.020.
    - Crown: Original signed crown.
    - Crystal: Signed acrylic crystal.
    - Movement: In-house calibre 610 adjusted 2 positions. The serial number 21543333 date it to year 1964.
    - Dial: Original vertical brushed dial with tritium applied baton markers.
    - Hands: Original tritium baton hand set.
    - Dimension: Approx. 34.5 mm across without crown - 37 mm with crown - 40.2 mm lug to lug.
    - Service history: Recently serviced by us: Case is cleaned with ultra-sonic cleaner. Movement is cleaned - oiled & calibrated.

some pictures attached, Does anything scream warning here walk away? This would be a overseas transaction, not preferred but i have had successful transactions to date doing so.

Any Omega oficionados here who would like to comment, it would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Vintage Omega authenticity question. All original or franken 64 Seamaster DV

A bit off topic but I have purchased two non-Omega watches from this seller (I can tell who the seller is from his pictures) and both watches were a 100% legit. This is a beautiful watch, hope others can chime in and share their thoughts.

Re: Vintage Omega authenticity question. All original or franken 64 Seamaster DV

I assume that you have already looked at the OVD entry:

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-...details/14860/

Edit: I don't see any major red flags. The lugs have been polished a bit, but I've seen a lot worse. There is some damage to the dial near the center, but that's obvious in the photo. The case-back engraving is sloppy, but that seems to be uneven with Omega for some reason.
    Last edited by badbackdan; June 7th, 2017 at 21:03.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks largely correct, at first glance
    https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-...details/14860/
    The dial looks authentic, the movement matches the case.

As to the case, I'm not sure if it was only cleaned- I think it has been polished, but there is one more thing that has me worried. That would be the reference number. It's engraved in a sloppy way, with an obviously different tool and technique than the rest of the markings. Then again, I have been able to look up another SMDV top-loader case made by Piquerez (like this one), which had the reference number done in a much thinner font than the rest of the markings.

Edit: Dan posted while I was typing, but it looks like our observations are quite similar.
    Last edited by mkws; June 7th, 2017 at 21:08.
    Molliedooker likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

guenine and legit Omegas as MKWS and badbackdan said
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thank you all for your observations and comments. Appreciated

Thread Information