Vintage Omega Ebay
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Vintage Omega Ebay

Vintage Omega Ebay

Hi, I have found this vintage Omega on eBay (see link below) which appears in decent condition and seems mostly genuine, however, there is a thing that doesn't check out for me. I'm not an Omega expert by any standards, quite new to it actually so any advice would be great. Upon finding this watch I looked up the case number (165.002) and found basically all of them to have dials that were either Seamaster or Seamster De Ville. It also only has T Swiss T on the dial rather than T Swiss Made T, dial repainted maybe. I then checked the movement which seems in pretty good condition and found (according to the serial number) it was made in 1965 and when searching up what models of watches that housed the movement I only found Seamasters. I know that some earlier watches didn't have any collection name on the dial but I thought that was more around early 1950's and prior. Other than that it seems in good condition and I'm sure I could offer a bit of a lower price for it. So what do you guys think, I imagine you are all far more experienced than I am and will have a better knowledge when it comes to this stuff... Thanks

Regards,

Mark

EXCELLENT VINTAGE OMEGA MEN'S WRISTWATCH 17 JEWELS 550 CALIBER - GREAT CONDITION | eBay

Re: Vintage Omega Ebay

Looks like thrown together from several watches
    Chaos is my focus

A poor redial for sure. Check out the space between 'UT' and 'OM' in AUTOMATIC. I won't touch it
    Time waits for no man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aashdin View Post
    A poor redial for sure. Check out the space between 'UT' and 'OM' in AUTOMATIC. I won't touch it
    Yeah thought there was something up with this one, bit of a shame, oh well. The search continues...

An extraordinarily crappy redial, and on top of that- a franken, as the 165.002 should have a cal. 552, not 550. The rotor has visible traces of rubbing against the case back.
    georges zaslavsky likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Guy sent me an email saying all was legit so guess I won't be buying from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoist View Post
    Guy sent me an email saying all was legit so guess I won't be buying from them.
    If they can't tell a redial that obvious, and on top of that the watch is a franken, then it's indeed better to stay away from them. They're either not on the ball when it comes to watches, or they're liars- regardless of which of these they could possibly be, either way that doesn't speak highly of them. Personally, I think it's the latter, but given that they sell mostly jewellery and kitschy figurines, they could well be the former.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

One would not say "all is legit" when in doubt or not good on a subject
    So they are pure liars
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    An extraordinarily crappy redial, and on top of that- a franken, as the 165.002 should have a cal. 552, not 550. The rotor has visible traces of rubbing against the case back.
    Indeed, indeed
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information