Vintage Omega Seamaster 300m.
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Vintage Omega Seamaster 300m.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Omega Seamaster 300m.

I've posted this in every forum I thought i could get away with. I can't help myself, I'm that chuffed that I'm now owning such an original rarity.

Cheers

Marrick and Reno like this.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Re: Vintage Omega Seamaster 300m.

Very nice

Has it been overhauled? I wondered if the hands have been replaced or relumed?

Hi Mirius, my thoughts initially, but I now know the history of this watch, I'm the third owner and I can say the hands are original. If you have a quick look on the net it shows most of these display different ageing to the lume on the dial and hands. First owner was for forty years then to a collector for four, now me, always being in Australia. You can see from the case back the original owner was from Perth. So it has a confirmed traceable history and confirmed nothing has been changed. The watch has now had a service with no parts changed, one year's warranty and pressure tested and still with a naiad crown. I've waited a while for something correct and with this research I'm confident I have it right.

As always, you can't be 100%, but it's a cracker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Thanks for that. One of these days I will take the plunge and get a birth year watch and for some reason I'm drawn to one of this style of watch for that. Since I can't afford the Rolex version, it might just be a Seamaster and so snippets of information like that are very useful as I know little about Omegas.

No problem, my two bob is, always wait for the right watch, do lots of research, have a good relationship with a good preowned watch shop. Spend the money on the right thing, never buy a 'real want" off the internet, you will only regret it. I've done this before and all I do is keep wondering if it was right. I'll say it again, save the money and buy the right one. Too many people want a bargain and it's a bargain for a reason.

My say from Oz at two in the morning with a couple of drinks, hic.

Have a good one.
    redcow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
    No problem, my two bob is, always wait for the right watch, do lots of research, have a good relationship with a good preowned watch shop. Spend the money on the right thing, never buy a 'real want" off the internet, you will only regret it. I've done this before and all I do is keep wondering if it was right. I'll say it again, save the money and buy the right one. Too many people want a bargain and it's a bargain for a reason.

My say from Oz at two in the morning with a couple of drinks, hic.

Have a good one.
    This is a cracking watch Brisman, it looks very good indeed and your diligence has certainly
    paid off.

You give good advice, knowledge is power and patience is a virtue.

congrats on your omega great watches that can keep going for years

Quote Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
    Very nice

Has it been overhauled? I wondered if the hands have been replaced or relumed?
    I often see some differences in discolorization of lume between hands and dials on watches which are entirely original. I am not sure why but it is not uncommon. I suspect it is due to differences in how UV affects lume of different ingredients. It is rare to see this difference in true NOS vintage which, I assume, have had little UV exposure.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

very beautiful!!!!

Great for doing all the due diligence to find an authentic (and original as possible) SM300.

If you want one of these, you have to do your homework to get a correct one, and you did it right. Originals like this a few an far between.

A hearty congrats!
    "My grail showed up today"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information