Vintage Omega Seamaster Automanic?

Thread: Vintage Omega Seamaster Automanic?

Question Vintage Omega Seamaster Automanic?

I am new to this forum and just recently bought a vintage omega seamaster. Could anyone tell me any information about this omega? (apporximate date manufactured, value, etc..." Thanks Guys

Re: Vintage Omega Seamaster Automanic?

We don't do valuations... read some past posts to see why.

I fear you have a redial. That is what it looks like to me. The dial is too clean. The lettering is uneven and smeared. It looks like an 'amateur' job from India or the Philippines.

If so, this diminishes the collectability substantially... but a redial makes for a better wearing watch often so the watch can be said to be more useful.

We need pics of the back and insides to say much but, based on the style and sweep second hand, I assume this is from the '60s or there abouts.

Thanks for posting and for the Rolex pic... Vintage doesn't get to see many Rolexes...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thanks Eeeb. I recently got the whole watch cleaned so maybe the dial looks clean. And for the smeared lettering, it might be the camera. I've been looking at other dials from the Vintage omegas, and it looks a little shaky too.

If you see, the S looks bigger then the rest of the letters, like my dial. Anyways, thanks again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Would you know how much my watch would approximately cost? With everthing original?

Quote Originally Posted by spedydemon View Post
    Would you know how much my watch would approximately cost? With everthing original?
    Of course there has been a lot of inflation since this watch was made... it probably cost as much as $180 new As to what it might be worth today... we are pretty firm in not making such estimates... it is really impossible to do without the watch in hand.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

In my other thread, Eptaz also believes the watch has a refinished dial. I kind of think so too, because the back of this watch has the back of the constellation. The tick marks on this dial look a little uneven too. But the good thing is if I don't like the watch in 2 weeks, I can always return it and get my money back.

Thread Information