Vintage Ottoman pocket watch - Help identifying anything about it is appreciated!!

Thread: Vintage Ottoman pocket watch - Help identifying anything about it is appreciated!!

Confused Vintage Ottoman pocket watch - Help identifying anything about it is appreciated!!

Hey guys, I'm new to pocket watches but I have this one that is pretty old. The dial show's a sultan's tughra seal (I believe it is Mehmed V's seal) and the numerals are in ancient arabic. I was told it was from the Ottoman era so no older than the 1920s. I opened the back to see the gears and it had some info: no serial number, but the watch was made by CYMA and Cyma-Tavannes Watch Company, which is apparently a swiss company that was founded in around the 1890s I think. The casing is also swiss and says Roskopf Swiss Made. I'm mostly curious about the sultan's seal on the dial. I can't find ANYTHING about pocket watches with that seal and I haven't found one like it. Do you think its worth anything? Any info is seriously appreciated. Thanks guys.Name:  movement.gif
Views: 725
Size:  221.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ardyferret; August 22nd, 2012 at 00:06. Reason: Movement photo

Re: Vintage Ottoman pocket watch - Help identifying anything about it is appreciated!!

Movement photo mite help

Thread Information