Vintage oysterdate with original rolex leather strap. Does the original srap add much value?

Thread: Vintage oysterdate with original rolex leather strap. Does the original srap add much value?

Vintage oysterdate with original rolex leather strap. Does the original srap add much value?

I have this vintage Rolex oysterdate precision and it has a very distressed original Rolex strap I'm wanting to know does this original Rolex branded leather strap add much value any input would be appreciated thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Civilian?
    Courtesy of ULF.

No just somebody who loves watches. Call me what ever makes yout feel better about your degree- pedigree

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Vintage oysterdate with original rolex leather strap. Does the original srap add much value?

We have had a lot of threads about military vs. civilian watches recently, so the above was a bit of an inside joke.

I think that a strap like that is fun and interesting for a collector, but not in good enough condition to be really valuable. The buckle also has some value. Combined, I would guess that the buckle and strap are worth in the very rough neighborhood of $100.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Re: Vintage oysterdate with original rolex leather strap. Does the original srap add much value?

Well, I would say take the strap off and save it, buy a new one and enjoy the watch. When you're ready to sell it show pics of the original strap. To me, it doesn't add any value to it, but that's just me. Others will disagree.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Thank you for the info but to my knowledge I only asked about one military watch issue.ie the rotary. I will try to make my questions worthy for the smartest guys in the room . But always know what happens when someone thinks they are the smartest guy in the room. I may not be watch smart but am very wise. And i never think i am the smartest guy in the room even if it is so. I don't think that is the case for a lot of these generals in this forum.And I still love watches!!!
    Last edited by Casey Watson; June 17th, 2018 at 06:53.

The buckle - if original - has some value for Rolex collectors.
    Anyway the dial is of greater importance and I'm afraid that this is refinished (but better pics are needed)

Have no idea about value but I personally like restoring those old leather straps.
    Most of the time they are of a very high quality, distressed and dirty but not broken, totally different from what you get these days glued together crap trying to pretend snake, aligator or whatever buzzword is..
    Chaos is my focus

Thread Information