Vintage Pallas

Thread: Vintage Pallas

Vintage Pallas

Hello there,
    For quite some time, I've been trying to identify my grandfather's watch. The brand's called Pallas. Wherever I've tried to search for details or the brand history, I could find absolutely nothing. The design of the dial is almost identical to the early 1950s Atlantic Worldmaster/Varldsmastarur. As a matter of fact, my grandfather remembers buying the watch in 1952. Mikrolisk lists Pallas as a property of F. und P. Dreyfus/ Fabrique Pallas, registered in La Chaux-de-Fonds in 1903. Looks like there's no connection to Atlantic (EKB- Eduard Kummer, Bettlach). I couldn't open the watch up, but hopefully soon I'll have pictures of the movement. Due to bad condition and rust, I had the watch overhauled a few years ago- as a Christmas gift to my grandfather.
    If anyone does know anything about the brand and its history, I'd really appreciate any info...
    Name:  IMG_3278_zpshh60ycqc.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  173.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3281_zpsru8mnef3.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  172.7 KB
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Re: Vintage Pallas

Pallas was a consortium of German watch companies. There's a bit here https://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/st...ew-119824.html - see 1974. I like the dial on yours very much.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: Vintage Pallas

The thing is- did the Pallas consortium exist under this name back in 1952? By the way, Mikrolisk also shows the logo for the Swiss Fabrique Pallas- the font is identical to the one on this one's dial. It's what keeps puzzling me...
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information