Vintage Piaget identification
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GriffD

Thread: Vintage Piaget identification

Vintage Piaget identification

Hello all,

i’m looking for some help in identifying my Uncles old Piaget watch which I was left in his will. I know he had the watch for a long time and it has been well used. Its an automatic movement, but despite a lot of searches on the internet I have not been able to find one like it, hopefully someone here will know a little about it.

Name:  D7B686BB-51A8-4287-9B3A-3DF70A8C2015.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  1.27 MB

thanks for any help.

Dan
    busmatt likes this.

Re: Vintage Piaget identification

I can't quite remember the last time we've seen a real Piaget here - most that get posted here are fake. Yours looks genuine, which is rather refreshing.

Still, pics of the movement and the inner side of the case back will be necessary, if you want to know anything more about it. Superficial assessment: 1950s, presumably a generic (but nicely finished) Felsa movement inside. Pics, pics, pics, can't make bricks without clay.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thanks for the reply. Is it safe to open up the backs of watches like this? It looks like it should screw off, but i’d have to work out a way of doing so without marking the case. I understand its gold and quite soft and easily marked. My uncle purchased the watch new and I would be suprised if it were fake, but its encouraging to hear that it looks like a real one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Without seeing the inside, there's not much more to say about the watch than you can read off of the dial. Take it to a watchmaker and ask him to open the case so you can take some photos or the movement (with the rotor in various positions) and the inside of the case back. Also post a photo of the back. It will need to be done in any case. If you are going to wear the watch, it will need to be serviced. If you are going to sell it, any buyer will want to see the inside.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thanks, I’ll look in to local watchmakers and see if there are any that could help out. If i manage to get photos of the insides i’ll post them up here. Appreciate your comments!

Thread Information