Vintage Precimax watches
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brtime

Thread: Vintage Precimax watches

Vintage Precimax watches

Vintage Precimax

There have been a few posts to WUS over the last few years about the Precimax brand, and I thought I would share what I learned about the brand while researching my latest book, The Golden Age of the Swiss Wristwatch.

Precimax (Porrentruy, Neuchatel, Geneve) The Precimax name appears in registries as early as 1933 (source: Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index) as a sub-brand of the Helios watch company, which was founded in 1882. However, Helios apparently kept the Precimax brand under wraps until the sales boom following WWII. The brand was heavily advertised in the 1950s and ‘60s, and some of those ads can be seen below. They made time-only models as well as alarms and multidate watches. Many of these can be picked up quite reasonably on eBay and other online venues, and at watch shows. After the '50s-early-60s boom, the the brand virtually disappeared, though was listed in registries as late at 1974. The brand was resurrected for a time at www.precimaxwatch.com, but checking the website on June 6, 2019, the website is non-operational. Some of the modern Precimax models can be seen on the amazon website, but they are all quartz movements, and have received mixed reviews.

Please feel free to add to this thread and share any information you might have about this brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by CMSgt Bo; 1 Week Ago at 14:39. Reason: Rule 4 Violation
    parrotandpitbull likes this.

Thread Information