VINTAGE ROMAN NUMERAL SUBDIAL OMEGA w/ SER # & MOV'T VISIBLE FOR ID OF YEAR/MODEL

Thread: VINTAGE ROMAN NUMERAL SUBDIAL OMEGA w/ SER # & MOV'T VISIBLE FOR ID OF YEAR/MODEL

Question VINTAGE ROMAN NUMERAL SUBDIAL OMEGA w/ SER # & MOV'T VISIBLE FOR ID OF YEAR/MODEL

I'm hopeful that someone can identify the year and model of this (I'm on thin ice here) 1940's (?) stainless steel Omega watch. Serial # is 10230209 and movement # is 9652575. I'll be selling it and prefer to know now what I have before I learn later what I had.

Thanks, Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: VINTAGE ROMAN NUMERAL SUBDIAL OMEGA w/ SER # & MOV'T VISIBLE FOR ID OF YEAR/MODEL

Moved to Vintage. Movement is definitely early 1940s.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: VINTAGE ROMAN NUMERAL SUBDIAL OMEGA w/ SER # & MOV'T VISIBLE FOR ID OF YEAR/MODEL

You would use the serial number on the movement to date it. My book has 9M-10M to be from 1939-1944. The movement is a 300 caliber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think this one is the closest match in the Omega Vintage Database:

OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database Ref. CK 2155

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

I'll note that the style (rectangular movement in a round case) was typical for mid to late 40's as Men's interest in small squarish "driving" watches began to wane, and watch companies needed to make use of existing manufacturing capacity to take advantage of the post war boom.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Strange hands - Original??
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Hi Rob,

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    ... was typical for mid to late 40's as Men's interest in small squarish "driving" watches began to wane
    The problem for manufacturers was that both, small rond watches (mainly in Europe) and slim rectangular watches (mainly in America) were fashionable in the 30s and 40s. No surprise that movements, using the space of both kinds of cases efficiently, were designed - rectangular with rests at round corners to fit cases with round mounting frame.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    Strange hands - Original??
    If they are not original I thinkl they may be 'original' to the early re-dial that this Omega might be. I am not positive but think it might be reworked a long time ago and the hands-which go with the roman numerals -may have been original or replaced at that time.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thread Information