Vintage Sandoz President ETA questions.

Thread: Vintage Sandoz President ETA questions.

Vintage Sandoz President ETA questions.

Just got this Sandoz 25 jewels hacking movement, as i recall the eta 2836-2 used to be nonhacking is this correct? Ive noticed that the day indicator also has a number of the day next to it, it seems that these are only on the sandoz watches? Im also wondering if any of you have had good experience with this watch as far as accuracy & troublefree operation, plus your thoughts on the design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by VNY908; December 1st, 2008 at 23:05.

Re: Vintage Sandoz President ETA questions.

Quote Originally Posted by automatico View Post
    Just got this Sandoz 25 jewels hacking movement, as i recall the eta 2836-2 used to be nonhacking is this correct? Ive noticed that the day indicator also has a number of the day next to it, it seems that these are only on the sandoz watches? Im also wondering if any of you have had good experience with this watch as far as accuracy & troublefree operation, plus your thoughts on the design.
    This is probably an ETA 2834 as that has the day of the week wheel. It hacks as does the 2836-2. And one version or another has been in continuous production since 1974.

The number added to the day of the week is not as uncommon as you may believe. I have seen it on a variety of watches.

I have a couple of these watches and find them quite rugged... Indeed I just put one in the 'scrap' box as the case and bracelet had brassed and were beyond economic repair. But the movement is still running fine!

As with all mechanical movements, accuracy is usually a function of the state of maintenance and repair.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Vintage Sandoz President ETA questions.

thank you for the great info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    This is probably an ETA 2834 as that has the day of the week wheel. It hacks as does the 2836-2. And one version or another has been in continuous production since 1974.

The number added to the day of the week is not as uncommon as you may believe. I have seen it on a variety of watches.

I have a couple of these watches and find them quite rugged... Indeed I just put one in the 'scrap' box as the case and bracelet had brassed and were beyond economic repair. But the movement is still running fine!

As with all mechanical movements, accuracy is usually a function of the state of maintenance and repair.

Thread Information