Vintage Seiko M354 Battery Cover

Thread: Vintage Seiko M354 Battery Cover

Vintage Seiko M354 Battery Cover

This is the first time I have used this forum as I have run out of places I to look for a replacement watch part. I have Name:  IMG_20170909_133514.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  709.8 KBName:  IMG_20170909_133554.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  914.0 KBa Seiko memory bank watch (M354-5000) for about forty years now, it was an anniversary present from my wife, but somehow the battery cover/plug became loose and lost whilst I was wearing it the other week. I've had no problems over the years with the watch but now I cannot use it as the battery does not remain correctly connected without the cover in place!!!. I've tried the local watch repairs and also online but cannot seem to be able to locate one . The watch has great sentimental value and I would therefore like to continue to use it, does anybody know where I might get a replacement cover from. I'll attach a couple of photo's, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Vintage Seiko M354 Battery Cover

You could try ebay for a non working piece(the whole watch) but with the cover
    Chaos is my focus

Re: Vintage Seiko M354 Battery Cover

You pics are not very clear. Is this the slotted battery hatch cover that has an arrow on it which corresponds to arrows on the case back of the watch that denote open or closed( Turn left to open or turn right to close/lock)? Or is it the one you have to screw down(turn in 3 complete turns)?

The first type of battery hatch was used with many Seiko watches of the 1970's. The big issue with this type of hatch is that the rubber gasket that was attached to the battery cover(and helped it to lock it down) gets brittle and breaks apart. The result is that the hatch is easy to open and falls out

The good news is that Seiko used that type of hatch for many models. as the battery was the same size in most Seiko watches of that time. Most Seiko watches with the 4633 movement have these hatches. Also some of the Seiko Type II watches use it also.

Here is one. This seller is in the USA and has a large assortment of old working and non working Seiko quartz. I have bought from him before and he ships out quickly. Buying one like this one, means that you can get a replacement hatch without being sad a good watch was used for parts.This one is broken already.

Vintage Mens Seiko Type II Quartz Day Date Kanji Watch JDM 4623-8030 Rare | eBay

Here is a new one should you be wanting it to be brand new.
    Rare Seiko Battery Hatch Door 83591569 | eBay

Here is a 0903 case with the battery hatch you need

Vintage Seiko Watch Case & Band & Crystal 0903-7039 No Movement

Here is a NOS empty case for a M series digital watch with the battery hatch you need

Vintage Seiko Watch Case, Crystal & Band 0532-5029 ~ No Movement | eBay

I have bought cases from that seller and he is on point.
    Remember to buy a new gasket for the battery hatch
    Last edited by journeyforce; September 13th, 2017 at 17:48.

Thread Information