Vintage Swiss Pocketwatch help with more info...

Thread: Vintage Swiss Pocketwatch help with more info...

Vintage Swiss Pocketwatch help with more info...

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone might have any info on my newest pocketwatch. The only identifying marks are "swiss made" on the inside cover and a serial number of the case. Ive seen some similar but not sure how old this one might be and what movement this might be. Any help really appreciated. Thanks!

Name:  IMAG0237.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  481.2 KBName:  IMAG0238.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  541.5 KBName:  IMAG0239.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  520.3 KBName:  IMAG0240.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  526.9 KBName:  IMAG0241.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  507.2 KB

Re: Vintage Swiss Pocketwatch help with more info...

Its a fairly generic cylinder pin-set pocket watch. Fairly high jewel count (for a cylinder) but uncompensated balance, and a nickel damasked finish would suggest the later part of the 19th century or early 20th to me.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Yes this is wery old cylinder swiss pocket watch dated at the end of 19 century.
    These pocket watches did not have the manufacturer's name on it. In the factory they are made ​​part of the hour when they were small clockmakers themselves merged and placed in the housing, which in turn regulated by their will.
    Otherwise, you watch the very beautiful and well preserved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fotopetar View Post
    Yes this is wery old cylinder swiss pocket watch dated at the end of 19 century.
    These pocket watches did not have the manufacturer's name on it. In the factory they are made ​​part of the hour when they were small clockmakers themselves merged and placed in the housing, which in turn regulated by their will.
    Otherwise, you watch the very beautiful and well preserved.
    Thank you for the info and compliment. I was surprised at how well kept it has been. Other than being a little dirty, its in very good condition. It still amazes me how well built these movements were made to have survived over 100 years and still running. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    Its a fairly generic cylinder pin-set pocket watch. Fairly high jewel count (for a cylinder) but uncompensated balance, and a nickel damasked finish would suggest the later part of the 19th century or early 20th to me.
    The pin set is very interesting, I have a smaller wire lug watch that is very similar to this one and is also pin set, I like the idea. Its pretty nice to have something with this age and for it to be running (somewhat...needs a good cleaning). Thanks for the info, it anyone has a similar one, I would love to see a picture of it. Thanks!!

Thread Information