WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vintage Swiss Watch

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Beau8 
#1 · (Edited)
Another pick up today, got it for a steal, 14kRGP all original crown, hands dial, bracelet, says Geneve on front and is signed with someones name on back, crown looks to be bent a bit :) np just a little tweek, watch is running and keeps good time on a 15 jewel movement. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Question does it look like a early to mid 30's? or earlier?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Its very hard to date this sort of watch. It could be mid 1920's to early 40's - so most probably 1930's IMHO. Maybe the movement will give you a better idea when it arrives.

#3 · (Edited)
My own research has yielded this..

Eldor Watch Co

The Eldor Watch Company was also known as Bill & Cie. The earliest listing is in 1923 when it was listed as Bill & Cie. in Bienne.
The 1924 listing was Bill & Cie, Eldor Watch Co. in Bienne with and another listing and advertisement for Eldor Watch Co. without Bill & Cie. although this advert was only for America.
A 1925 advert lists the types of watches they could supply but only for America. The Company was listed again for Bill & Cie, Eldor Watch

By 1951 the listings were for Eldor Watch Co. SA of Geneve and no mention of Bill & Cie. These listings continued from 1966 until 1973.

Brand or Model Names Used:-
Caddy
Diagonal
Geneve
Stereo
Superjet
Redor

All this combined with the style, it's current location (US), it's apparent age of font, 1920- early 30s ties in nicely with my research. I will have to wait to confirm this but I think I nailed it.

#4 ·
Another rather intersting tidbit the name on the watch is Sonny Farrugia, AKA Salvadore Farrugia 81 years old living in NJ , USA , This too seems to link in to the watch if it is indeed his, Seem right , Seller is from there too, kinda cool what you can find out when you dig a bit..:-d

#5 · (Edited)
New info, I was wrong with my initial thoughts on the manufacture of the watch, turns out to be more interesting than I thought,

INFO: The watch is Marked "GENEVE" on Dial
Movement says: ROCO 15 Jewel 2 Adj. Langendorf Swiss ( Love that bit) This makes the watch a pre- Lanco watch.
Case says: MASTER SUTTON case USA.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.