Vintage Tissot Navigator

Thread: Vintage Tissot Navigator

Vintage Tissot Navigator

Love the vintage Tissots and recently added this to my collection. Late 60s early 70s I'm assuming. World cities bezel rotates with the upper crown. Shows a little wabi, but it was serviced recently and runs great.

"My grail showed up today"

Banned

Re: Vintage Tissot Navigator

That's one big, round hunk of metal. Looks like it sits nicely on the wrist since the bracelet connection is underneath and does away with lugs.

Dig that new avatar too!

Heavy! Cool though, love it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you guys- it's 42mm, which was pretty large for a cushion case style watch back then. The tucked in bracelet under the lugs is nice. Case was original brushed, so this was pretty polished, but I can live with it.
    At least the detail was not buffed to oblivion. I may have Tissot refurb it if they can.

Last edited by mrsnak; February 3rd, 2011 at 02:43.

reminds me a little of a jenny caribbean.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Nice one I like these watches, as they're quite different, and was offered a really good condition chrono version not too long ago, but had to turn it down as it was MAHOOSIVE lol

I've got very slim wrists, and it just didn't look right

Let me know what you find out about brushing the case, as I've got one that should have some brushed sections, where someone has been a bit keen with the polisher!!

Yes, huge watches. I have one in a brass (!) case (single crown, just a regular 3-hands watch with day/date). No clue whether it once was plated, but there is really not a single trace of plating left, and it doesn't look like someone has scratched it off. Anyways, I can't wear it either .

mrsnak, Your's looks very nice, and I thinkt the yellowish/greenish second hand is original to it, I like it. Tissot won't refurbish it (they don't do vintage for all I know), but the movement is rather simple and any good watchmaker should be able to deal with it - doesn't seem to require any spare parts.
    Olof

very nice catch mrsnak :) thanks for sharing
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    Nice one I like these watches, as they're quite different, and was offered a really good condition chrono version not too long ago, but had to turn it down as it was MAHOOSIVE lol

I've got very slim wrists, and it just didn't look right

Let me know what you find out about brushing the case, as I've got one that should have some brushed sections, where someone has been a bit keen with the polisher!!
    90% sure that it once had a starburst brushed finished, so I may inquire at a place like Nesbits to see if they can do it. I know they have the machine to do the starburst on Omega cases (Like the Flightmaster). Could also try the Swatch Service Center, but for case polishing only. I did call the Tissot Service Center in NJ, and the CSR was very ambivalent about whether or not they could do anything. I'd have to send it to them, and then they send it to Switzerland.. Tissot in Switzerland will not respond to direct queries (I've tried), and I was told they do not allow anything to be sent directly to them. Not really worth the gamble.

Thread Information