Vintage Tissot T12 repair and restoration options.

Thread: Vintage Tissot T12 repair and restoration options.

Vintage Tissot T12 repair and restoration options.

I recently acquired another vintage Tissot (that makes ten). Although this was my first 'project' watch, in hopes of repairing and restoring.

The watch works fine, but it's cosmetically challenged. The dial is loose and moves when pulling on the crown. Is this because of broken dial feet, or is the movement itself loose?

Secondly, the black inner ring which has the second ticks, is completely loose not stuck to the dial at all.

I'm just curious as to what repair costs would be, and/or if I could do them myself.

Re: Vintage Tissot T12 repair and restoration options.

You are asking us to guess at what we can't see.

It could be anything. Perhaps the movement ring is missing. Dial feet could be the problem.

I want to help, others do, too, but you really need to post a couple of pictures of the watch before anyone can do anything.

I see that the OP has just made his or her first post and is thus unable to provide us with pictures until 5 posts have been reached. Where this has happened in the past, we have encouraged the poster to post more to reach the magical 5 number. I wonder if there is a way for a moderator to override the 5 post requirement in cases like this where there is what appears to be a legitimate cause for posting a picture?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vintagetissot View Post
    I recently acquired another vintage Tissot (that makes ten). Although this was my first 'project' watch, in hopes of repairing and restoring.

The watch works fine, but it's cosmetically challenged. The dial is loose and moves when pulling on the crown. Is this because of broken dial feet, or is the movement itself loose?

Secondly, the black inner ring which has the second ticks, is completely loose not stuck to the dial at all.

I'm just curious as to what repair costs would be, and/or if I could do them myself.
    I would take it to a watchmaker and have it serviced, unless you are skilled enough and have the correct tools to do the job. If you bought the watch in this condition, it really deserves a good servicing. Depending on who you take it to and what all it needs, it could cost anywhere from $100 to $400 or more to be brought up to speed, based on my experience.

I hope you stick around and contribute more, because I'd love to see pics of it, having two T12's myself.

Good luck!
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

Thread Information