vintage titoni (40 years old maybe)

Thread: vintage titoni (40 years old maybe)

vintage titoni (40 years old maybe)

Name:  lf60.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  225.3 KB

I recently discovered this piece which belongs to my dad given by my grandfather, I think it is at least 30-40 years old and it is still running perfectly. The ticking sound of the movement is clear and loud.
    The details are stunning, nowadays not many watchmakers make watches as sturdy and detailed compared to 30-40 years ago, given that titoni isn't a high end brand.
    Anybody able to identify the model?

Re: vintage titoni (40 years old maybe)

According to the dial, it's an Airmaster. :) This piece looks late 60's or 70's, and would have been a fairly good and expensive purchase at the time. Titoni was a good brand that, like most brands, kinda disappeared during the quartz crisis. Unlike many, it appears they didn't sell out to Swatch, and are still producing watches today.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

yep it is an airmaster. the current airmaster series looks nothing like this piece. it has the looks of current audemars piguet or hublot.
    i'm looking to get it clean up alittle and maybe polished. there is a scratch on the glass as well. not too sure where to start tho..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is a piece that was either exported to China or assembled in HK. The 星期六 was a dead giveaway :) A Chinese watchmaker would know better as to the origin.
    Movement is possibly ETA 2798, or if you are lucky, a 2836.

Always glad to have a chance to show off my Titoni:

Name:  IMG_0198.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  364.1 KB

I have several more now, my grandfather also left me a Titoni Airmaster as an heirloom. I love collecting vintage Titoni because of their Chinese connection. That glass looks like mineral crystal. I'd recommend you leave it as it is, as that glass shape would be difficult to replace.

well i am from singapore, so we have chinese connection. indeed the glass shape is unique, but it has a scratch. i am really hoping to get the scratch removed. otherwise the watch is perfect.

Thread Information