Vintage ulysse nardin

Thread: Vintage ulysse nardin

Vintage ulysse nardin

Dear all,

I am a keen 30 year old who has been looking around for a good and smart looking dress watch for more than a year. Currently owns a classic tank solo and carrera 6 as part of my repertoire of watches.

Just want to share your thoughts on the two watches below.

VINTAGE ULYSSE NARDIN MANUAL WINDUP MOV BLACK DIAL FROM 50s WristWatch! | eBay

VINTAGE ULYSSE NARDIN AUTO WINDUP MOV BLACK DIAL FROM 60s WristWatch! | eBay

What do you guys think of the authenticity of these watches?

Best,
    HK

Re: Vintage ulysse nardin

Neither one is close to being fully original. You should try looking outside of South America, to begin with.

Thank you sir. Poor blokes who bidded...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No and No.

And I am not one to get down on international sellers (because I have bought from fantastic seller in Turkey, Ecuador, Malaysia, etc) but it is just a fact that a few places internationally-and its probably just a handful of prolific sellers (except India-for whatever reason Indian eBay sellers simply don't care what buyers think about blatant gauch re-dials) But in this case this seller is notorious for selling re-dialed and franken UN and Blancpain vintage. Just walk away. Your smart to come to WUS if your interested in purchasing not only a beautiful dress watch (your taste) but an authentic one as well. I see that you also are in the market of an Omega SM and your definitely closer to the real deal with that model. I would say that in general: vintage UN watches require a good deal more knowledge of vintage then Omega-where many members will be able to advise. If your a beginner at vintage collecting I would stick with classic like Omega and Longines, Wittinauer, Eterna, Bucherer, etc, There are some AMAZINGLY stylish and killer vintage dress watches from Longines circa 50s-60s and right now they are priced a bit less then Omega but no less (some would say more) quality , innovation and style. good luck
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Mate thanks for the encouragement and for taking your time with the advice. Some really good pointers there - love some of the longines and are looking at some of them. Some of them old GP Gyromatic also looks quite appealing to me as well..

Thread Information