Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter
  • 1 Post By Vintage1982

Thread: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Hello,
    i am willing to buy a watch, but i dont know what movement it has... below it is a picture of the movement. Looks like something related to Urofa?


  2. #2
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,069

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Hmmmmm - that's an interesting one! I can't identify the mark ("UFE"?!) but it may well be the one of the end user. The movement looks rather like a Mauthe Cal. 1003 (=Cal. 1001 with stem release screw rather than pusher) with some sort of central seconds adaptation:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Mauthe 1001

    ...but the "official" central seconds adaptation (Cal. 1004, stem release screw form of the Cal. 1002) looks a little different:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Mauthe 1002

    Unless there were different generations of the central seconds version of the movement, the adaptation may have been done by the end user rather than by Mauthe themselves.

    Hartmut Richter

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    thank you so much for your help Mr. Richter... i it his of any help, on the dial it is written 21 rubis, but the brand watch it is erased. This movement might be produced in a 21 jewels version? i dont know much about UfE...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Hmmmmm - that's an interesting one! I can't identify the mark ("UFE"?!) but it may well be the one of the end user. The movement looks rather like a Mauthe Cal. 1003 (=Cal. 1001 with stem release screw rather than pusher) with some sort of central seconds adaptation:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Mauthe 1001

    ...but the "official" central seconds adaptation (Cal. 1004, stem release screw form of the Cal. 1002) looks a little different:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Mauthe 1002

    Unless there were different generations of the central seconds version of the movement, the adaptation may have been done by the end user rather than by Mauthe themselves.

    Hartmut Richter

    i found something that looks kind of the same.... bidfun-db Archive: Wrist Watches: 757: Gents Anker/Uwersi Pointer Date Manual Wind, ca. 1950 it has the same logo on the back...

  6. #5
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,069

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Interesting - thanks for pointing that out. Hmmm - I wonder to what extent (if any) these two movements are related.....

    Hartmut Richter
    CorneliusT likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    584

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    It's a Vufe movement, sub brand of Uwersi. Or is it the other way around? To identify the correct one I would have to see the set bridge, although pin levers aren't well documented.
    Last edited by Vintage1982; February 12th, 2016 at 22:19.
    CorneliusT likes this.
    -The days of the digital watch are numbered.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help


  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage1982 View Post
    It's a Vufe movement, sub brand of Uwersi. Or is it the other way around? To identify the correct one I would have to see the set bridge, although pin levers aren't well documented.
    next week i will have it in my hand and when my watchmaker will open it - next weekend i guess, i will make some pictures and post it. It is a riddle to me too :)

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    132

    Re: Vintage unknown movement. Related to Urofa? please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Interesting - thanks for pointing that out. Hmmm - I wonder to what extent (if any) these two movements are related.....

    Hartmut Richter

    i think that the answer stands in the history of this brand and in having some pictures of the movement after i get it :)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. New unknown movement
      By Split sec in forum Vintage & Pocket watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: July 21st, 2015, 23:31
    2. Movement ID: Minimax Swiss Unknown Movement
      By jspollmann in forum Vintage & Pocket watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: December 7th, 2014, 23:05
    3. Please ID unknown vintage Repeater pocket watch movement
      By pockwatch in forum Vintage & Pocket watches
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: December 22nd, 2013, 23:02
    4. Unknown Movement
      By daveob in forum Watchmaking
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: September 25th, 2013, 07:05
    5. FS: Urofa 58 Movement Not Functioning
      By EZM1 in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 3rd, 2012, 04:49

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •