Vintage VC Help Needed

Thread: Vintage VC Help Needed

Vintage VC Help Needed

buddy asked me to help him with some research on his VC. The watch measures 33mm without crown. According to a chart I found, the 481xxx serial number places it as a late 40s production? The watch appears to be original, with the possible exception of the crown. Any help is appreciated.

Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001
    My Father's Hamilton Khaki Automatic

My Grandfather's Movado Sub Sea Automatic

"That's what character is-It's in the tryin'" Eric Taylor.

Banned

Re: Vintage VC Help Needed

That is a 40's watch, and was available as shown with the subdial seconds or without any second hand - this version usually had the cross between 12 and the name on the dial. It's a caliber 45x (probably 453 or 458), but I can't tell which exact one from the picture. There were a few variants like /2B and /3C, etc. Very nice watch with most likely the original dial (or the best friggin' redial I've ever seen!). I don't think VC used names for their watches back then.

Re: Vintage VC Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    That is a 40's watch, and was available as shown with the subdial seconds or without any second hand - this version usually had the cross between 12 and the name on the dial. It's a caliber 45x (probably 453 or 458), but I can't tell which exact one from the picture. There were a few variants like /2B and /3C, etc. Very nice watch with most likely the original dial (or the best friggin' redial I've ever seen!). I don't think VC used names for their watches back then.
    Thank you sir!
    Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001
    My Father's Hamilton Khaki Automatic

My Grandfather's Movado Sub Sea Automatic

"That's what character is-It's in the tryin'" Eric Taylor.

Thread Information