Vintage Vertex Revue 350
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tomcat1960
  • 1 Post By Tony C.

Thread: Vintage Vertex Revue 350

Vintage Vertex Revue 350

I picked this watch up over 9 years ago. Usual car boot find in the UK on one of my typical Sunday hunts back then. It was unmodified and still 100% as original as I could tell. Usually when I get a vintage watch with a metal band it is a Spidel and I am apt to change them out in a heart beat. In this case it was not a Spidel and looked to be right for the age of the watch so I left it on. Took it to my watchmaker at the time and had it serviced.

I always found the jewel configuration odd on it until I managed to pick up a Zenith 135 at the same sale. From what I can see is that it has an off set center wheel. For the 135 that was to help make room for a larger balance wheel for the time trials that they took part in. Obviously this trend went on to other makers for their movements as well. I have no idea if Vertex ever took part in trials or anything. I just found the layout interesting and the movement is rather flat as well. The overall watch is very slim. Down to details now lol.... The movement is marked as you can see for a 17 jewel Vertex Revue 350 cal. There is a GT mark under the balance. Apparently the movements were made by MSR (Manufactures d'horlogerie Suisses Réunies).

I found that a lot of the MSR movements share the same train configuration. Anyone else have any experience of knowledge about these movements?

Vintage Vertex Revue 350

Hi there,

I have no experience of that type of movement... But I can tell you that's a very nice NSA strap!

If you paid car boot prices... I'm going to guess the strap was a bargain at the price!

Hope someone can advise on the movement!
    Last edited by Sparcster; February 11th, 2014 at 21:39.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Re: Vintage Vertex Revue 350

Yes, the Phénix 350 allows remarkably flat watches. Picked this 'Revue' from the bay of E:

Had I bought the bracelet alone I'd have paid more

Regards
    Tomcat
    thoth likes this.
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great watch. I was looking up Vertex/Revue on line. Came up with why the GT mark, apparently the company was started by Gedeon Thommen and Louis Tschopp. Gedeon took over and became the sole owner and they used GT as a trade mark. It appears that that Vertex was Revue's UK branding.

I picked mine up in the UK so that makes sense. Do you remember where your watch was located when you got it from the bay?

Thanks for the link!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    (...) Do you remember where your watch was located when you got it from the bay?
    Germany, if I remember correctly. (It was some two years ago, I think.)

Regards
    Andreas
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

Arguably the best of the vintage Revue movements was the cal. 81, which featured an oversized balance and fine regulator. Some were in fact chronometer grade, and were used in their 1953 Centenaire watches. Here's my (non-Centenaire) example:

Last edited by Tony C.; February 12th, 2014 at 17:33.
    thoth likes this.

I have to find one of those!!! Great looking watch.

**Update**

Well there is an 81 on the bay but it is 15 instead of 17 jewel. Oh and there is a 350 as well.
    Last edited by thoth; February 12th, 2014 at 22:25.

Thread Information