Vintage Watch Restoration

Thread: Vintage Watch Restoration

Vintage Watch Restoration

Has anyone had Torneau's in Las Vegas do work on their old watches and do they do good work??

Re: Vintage Watch Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by rogers2937 View Post
    Has anyone had Torneau's in Las Vegas do work on their old watches and do they do good work??
    As with most large businesses, I suspect they use a variety of watchmakers. As such, I suspect the quality varies.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I didn't see Torneau come up in a search on Kudzu, but it seems that Morgan Taylor has some solid ratings.

Or you can always ask them for a list of customer references if you're really curious.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rogers2937 View Post
    The reason they don't show up on Kudzu.com is that the correct spelling is "Tourneau". Anyway, my guess is that they would be very expensive and turnaround would take a long time, as the watchmakers would be busy with warranty repairs on newer watches.

I'm sure there are some independent watchmakers in Las Vegas who could get the job done at a reasonable price. Maybe ask at the Pawn Shop from the History Channel's TV Show.

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/bios/

This is not a joke. There are episodes where they had rare watches or clocks repaired. I'm sure they are not using a retail store to fix up their watches.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Thread Information