Vintage Wrist Watch and Pocket Watch Identification help needed?.

Thread: Vintage Wrist Watch and Pocket Watch Identification help needed?.

Vintage Wrist Watch and Pocket Watch Identification help needed….

Hello All,

I need some help with identification again. I did my homework, at least tied too, I have been looking on the net, and I couldn’t find much.

I know with the collective expertise on this board someone, somewhere will know something.

I am trying to find as much information as possible on these watches...anything to point me in the right direction of acquiring more information.

I know the name of the watches, but that doesn’t provide much information when searching the net (it usually does).

I looked in the book the Complete Price Guide to Watches, and I couldn’t find a single one.

Here they are the names and jewels if I know them.

18KT 17 Jewel Omega Chronograph…I couldn’t find this one in the book, or on the Omega website. It was purchased in 1951. Identified...Thanks!

18KT 21 Jewel Corum Wrist Watch Black Dial

18KT 18 Jewel Bulova Agassis Phantom Pocket Watch

18KT Initiative Push Repeater Pocket Watch

18KT Vacheron Constantine Wrist Watch…Identified...Thanks!

18KT David Keys Chronographer Maker to the Admiralty Pocket Watch

Click on thumbnails to enlarge photos. I can send even larger ones if needed.

Thanks in advance for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Regards,

John
    Last edited by John Vargas; February 4th, 2009 at 03:48. Reason: Two Watches ID'd
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Banned

Re: Vintage Wrist Watch and Pocket Watch Identification help needed….

Movement (and inside of the caseback,) pics would help greatly!

May I suggest that you add pictures of the movement if possible. This is essential for the pocketwatches, together with any case hallmarks. It may be easier for members to comment if you don't show so many in the same thread, it tends to be messy after a few replies.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The Corum has a sibling in the book "Wristwatches" (Brunner/Pfeiffer-Belli) which had a golden dial, also hour markers written out in French, and which is labelled as being from the beginning of the seventies.

Hartmut Richter

Hello All,

I am working on getting photos of the back, so please bear with me! As soon as I get them, I will post them.

Regards,

John
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    The Corum has a sibling in the book "Wristwatches" (Brunner/Pfeiffer-Belli) which had a golden dial, also hour markers written out in French, and which is labelled as being from the beginning of the seventies.

Hartmut Richter
    Hello Hartmut,

Thanks for the information. The publication didn’t by chance have a reference number did it?

Regards,

John

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

No, I'm afraid not. It is a fairly general reference book with a few watches from all the major makers. Ask Corum for the reference - they may well still have it.

Best wishes,

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    No, I'm afraid not. It is a fairly general reference book with a few watches from all the major makers. Ask Corum for the reference - they may well still have it.

Best wishes,

Hartmut Richter
    Hello Hartmut,

Thanks! I contacted Corum, hopefully, I will get a reply.

Regards,

John

Thread Information