Vintage zodiac question
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Vintage zodiac question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vintage zodiac question

Picked a what's up today which I thought was a aerospace gmt but upon closer inspection it's an aeronaut automatic gmt, has a cal 75... any differences, or is this like an earlier aerospace? Nice watch anyhow
    Attached Images Attached Images

JP71624 likes this.

Another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

JP71624 likes this.

Guess my pictures aren't going through.. any information? Or point me in the right direction..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Vintage zodiac question

No, your pictures are both there. Sometimes the forum software messes up and I can't see things that others can. This is an opposite example - I can see it and maybe you can't - I'm sure that you will be able to see them again in a day or two - the effect seems to be random.

Nice watch.

Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; January 7th, 2018 at 22:22.

I'm not sure what the OP's motivation is with this thread, but I couldn't help noticing that this exact watch, with the same scratches on crystal and bezel, is for sale on our favorite auction site.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

That's very good detective work and yes I contemplated selling the watch for about 3 hours and I did get a decent offer on it, but then I pulled the auction and the watch is being serviced because I really like it as far as the research iv done, there doesnt seam to be to many of the areonaut automatics around... iv found about 30 different aerospace gmts, only found 1 aeronaut gmt. So i intent for this post was to if there is any other info i can get about this watch other then what iv already found just for the sake of learning ... i know zodiac is a good brand. So anything else would be great

Have a look at this website, which may have the information you're looking for: Vintage Zodiacs

B79

Thanks Habitant- book marked VZ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeisonmyside33 View Post
    That's very good detective work and yes I contemplated selling the watch for about 3 hours and I did get a decent offer on it, but then I pulled the auction and the watch is being serviced because I really like it as far as the research iv done, there doesnt seam to be to many of the areonaut automatics around... iv found about 30 different aerospace gmts, only found 1 aeronaut gmt. So i intent for this post was to if there is any other info i can get about this watch other then what iv already found just for the sake of learning ... i know zodiac is a good brand. So anything else would be great
    No detective work involved actually. I was looking at one of my standard saved searches on eBay, and just happened to see the watch. I recalled your thread and so I thought I would make a post letting you know that I had found another example like yours. But as I looked closer, I saw that it was the same watch.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by Habitant View Post
    Have a look at this website, which may have the information you're looking for: Vintage Zodiacs
    Hey. I actually have an Aeronaut and went to that site for help, and they were able to offer little information on this model. Most folks thought this wasn't an actual model. If you look for Aeronauts there, you'll find my version (I think my username is lesnichei) with some of the stuff that I figured out in researching it. It seems that not very many of these are floating around. I think the Aeronaut was the earlier line that then split into the Aerospace GMT and (the other one...can't remember...early, coffee in hand). I was able to find an actual newspaper advertisement for Zodiac from 1964 featuring this particular model (on the auction site that no one seems to mention by name...perhaps because it sort of sucks now?)...but I've not seen much else. I'll try to find an image of mine to post later today. Good luck with your auction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information