Wakmann Question

Thread: Wakmann Question

Wakmann Question

Hello all, I'm mirroriung this from the Breitling forum.

first time poster and also seemingly soon to be watch geek. But to the point. I recently uncovered a watch that I bought myself with the xmas money and many lawns when I was a kid (think mid 70's). I had forgotten all about this watch and was surprised to see that it still seems to work fine. I plan to get a repair on the band and wear it. Problem is I can't find anything out about it (ergo the budding watch geek comments). It is a Wakmann chronograph with a screwback and two subdials at 3 and 9 o'clock. on the back is the wakmann "sailboat" thing, INCABLOC, and a handstamped "1437" which I assume is a movement? the watch is stainless and has a light face with the black subdials. I will attempt to get an image soon but was hoping someone would go AH HA!

My research thusfar has indicated that Wakmann was either a US sub of Breitling or a importer that was later bought out.

anyway thanks for your thoughts

regards

paul from portland oregon

Re: Wakmann Question

Here's an interesting read for you from the archives:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=50609
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; March 24th, 2008 at 23:17.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

that link was really close. It is one that I'd not seen. I was able to get
    a couple snaps of my watch from front and back. As I have never done this before I beg patience. If they come through I hope someone will recognize this model and clue me in!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am not a chrono expert but that is certainly a 1970s watch if I've ever seen one. I'm sure you'll get a model/movement ID from one of our chrono gurus.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Seventies manual chrono with 3:00-9:00 subdials and date at 6:00? Gotto be a Valjoux 7734 (45 minute subdial version)! Read all abou' it at:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...k&Valjoux_7734

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information