waltham info please

Thread: waltham info please

waltham info please

I have come across a waltham riverside maximus yr 1902, 23 jewels, solid gold hunter case with floral patterns engraved, size 16. the watch does not have any dents, and is in excellent shape. it keeps time perfectly. it has blued hands. there are not any cracks, or scratches on the face. my local appraiser wants me to leave the watch with him. i refused. can anyone help me with a @ value of the watch. i would be very greatful.

sincerely,
    cary
    [email protected]

Re: waltham info please

Sorry but it's impossible to give an accurate value assessment over the Internet, since we really have no idea of condition - even if we have a picture. A watch like that in serviced working order could go anywhere from $800-$2000 and even this could be off by 50%.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I just recently became the third generation owner of a 1902 Waltham hunter case pocket watch, 14K gold, U.S. Assay, Solidarity. My Dad had it running up to about 5 years ago. I have two questions:
    1.) Where on the internet can I find more information about my watch? I see threads with references to the Waltham site, but cannot find it.
    2.) How do you find a local reputable repair shop. Can you consider these pocket watches as simple-to-repair movements?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty View Post
    2.) How do you find a local reputable repair shop. Can you consider these pocket watches as simple-to-repair movements?
    Shouldn´t be a problem for a skilled/knowlegeable watchmaker if parts are in stock, if not you need to know where to get spare parts or how to make them (which is much more difficult and much more expensive).

You need the serial number from the movement, not the case. Then consult the info at the site below:

http://www.nawcc-info.org/WalthamDB/LookupSN.asp

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information