Wanting to purchase a Nivel Ancre
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Border-Reiver
  • 1 Post By v8chrono

Thread: Wanting to purchase a Nivel Ancre

Wanting to purchase a Nivel Ancre

Hello,

I stumbled upon this beauty of a watch and I AM interested in buying it. However, I can't seem to find it. So does anybody know how of where to find it?
    Thanks in advance.Name:  386bea1d5880511ec4be084c79e3edff.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  21.2 KB

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Plus met Tapatalk

Re: Wanting to purchase a Nivel Ancre

Beauty? You got to be joking. Are you the seller by any chance? This is no place to promote sales.
    The watch itself is not worth a dime. Redialed, mismatch hands, no name watch from the 50's.

Gelukkig nieuwjaar! (Thanks Google-translate!)

Well, first of all, the name is NIVREL. Nivrel was an old Swiss brand which went out of business in the 1970s (most likely in connection with the quartz crisis). In the 1990s, the NAME-RIGHTS (not the company) were bought by a German company which today produces watches under this name.

The name NIVREL has emerged in 1936 within a company called MARVIN, founded 1850 La Chauc-de-Fonds, Switzerland. They made Flieger-Watches, chronographs and watches with specific complications until the 1970s. Movements came from A.Schuild, Landeron and from Marvin itself.

What concerns the newly made: 'Official' prices go up to 40,000 Euros for their top models, but even on the lower end they are quite expensive (overpriced?). They claim that the movements still come from Switzerland (that's even true, they use ETA movements) and are assembled in Germany. In the end, it's a bit like with most of the old Swiss brand names aquired by someone.

Now, if the watch in question is from the 'old' NIVREL company (looks vintage at least and very different from the newly produced) or one from the new production under the old brand name, I don't know (although I tend to say its vintage at least, it can be anything - redialled, frankend, whatever. One would really have to see the movement).

Hands are correct. It's a bit misleading, as the one with the broader tip is the seconds hand, which leaves the hour- and minute hand as a perfect match.

Why can't you find this watch, besides being hindered by the incorrect spelling, or did you mean you can't find anything on the 'company'?

If you, however, were attracted by the original image, the links behind that one bring you into an infinite loop and nowhere indeed, like a website with the sales offer. So, if that was your question, I really don't know how I could help.

https://www.google.de/search?q=nivre...JXKp5EqH-g98M:
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; December 30th, 2017 at 20:21.
    v8chrono and naPoelion like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Found this, looks the same, according from the site I lifted it from this was the style of watch produced by Nivrel up to the 1970s before his death? It's got a Max Bill (Junghans) look to it which could make some think it is a later piece.

Name:  nivrel1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by v8chrono; December 30th, 2017 at 13:46.
    Border-Reiver likes this.

Thanks for the detailed replies!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Plus met Tapatalk

Thread Information