Watch history help please
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter

Thread: Watch history help please

Watch history help please

Hi everyone I am fairly new here and have come across a watch that I have never heard of and couldn’t google much information on.

So I thought why not ask the best watch experts!!

Reason for my question is that another local seller said he would throw this watch in to complete a trade for my citizen ecodrive.

Here is a photo of the watch

Any bit of info would be awesome!! Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Watch history help please

Moved from Public to Vintage and Pocket Watch forum.

It's hard to say much without a look at the movement, but it appears to be a re-dial and it's not a well-known brand, so I can't imagine that it would have much value. I doubt I would want to invest the cost of a service. However, if it appeals to you, and it's running, then go ahead and take it.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

With only "Antimagnetic" on the dial, it may well have a cheap pin lever movement inside. Which are quite fun to have (if running) but you can get them a dime a dozen on fleabay so they are not valuable. In the end, you might be doing him a favour relieving him of it rather than the deal working the other way round.

My verdict: peek at movement, otherwise no way!

Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; March 14th, 2018 at 23:53. Reason: Typo
    thoth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by islander009 View Post

Reason for my question is that another local seller said he would throw this watch in to complete a trade for my citizen ecodrive.

So I am missing the advantage to throwing this into the deal. Is he trying to make up $10 he is short of in the deal? I agree that it is most likely a pin lever. The case will be chrome plated. Looks like the plating is in good shape. I am figuring it is working otherwise there would be no advantage to offering it as part of a trade. It will not have high value but if it helps seal the deal because you like it....then that is up to you.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    It's hard to say much without a look at the movement, but it appears to be a re-dial and it's not a well-known brand, so I can't imagine that it would have much value. I doubt I would want to invest the cost of a service. However, if it appeals to you, and it's running, then go ahead and take it.
    Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated!

As surmised above, almost certainly a pin lever movement and there is one being offered on fleabay at the moment for a BiN price of $8.95, albeit with a different style of wordmark from "yours": https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Han...-/273105758946. Mikrolisk has one potential Swiss maker for the Hanover brand: Google Translate

I suspect the local seller is not "throwing in" very much at all.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    So I am missing the advantage to throwing this into the deal. Is he trying to make up $10 he is short of in the deal? I agree that it is most likely a pin lever. The case will be chrome plated. Looks like the plating is in good shape. I am figuring it is working otherwise there would be no advantage to offering it as part of a trade. It will not have high value but if it helps seal the deal because you like it....then that is up to you.
    First off thanks for your input! Local seller wants to trade a used Oriental Bambino and this piece for a LNIB citizen Eco Drive.

Piece works from when I saw it. It did make a lot of nosies hand winding it which was my hesitation and the conclusion I had was that it may need servicing. But from the input I got here it may cost more to service than it really is and don’t see it as a fair trade for a used Bambino.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    With only "Antimagnetic" on the dial, it may well have a cheap pin lever movement inside. Which are quite fun to have (if running) but you can get them a dime a dozen on fleabay so they are not valuable. In the end, you might be doing him a favour relieving him of it rather than the deal working the other way round.

My verdict: peek at movement, otherwise no way!

Hartmut Richter

Thank you so much for this I for Hartmut Richter!! I’m thinking this would cost more on my end to service

Last edited by Hartmut Richter; March 14th, 2018 at 23:54. Reason: Typo in quotation

Quote Originally Posted by balaton View Post
    As surmised above, almost certainly a pin lever movement and there is one being offered on fleabay at the moment for a BiN price of $8.95, albeit with a different style of wordmark from "yours": https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Han...-/273105758946. Mikrolisk has one potential Swiss maker for the Hanover brand: Google Translate

I suspect the local seller is not "throwing in" very much at all.

Regards.
    Greatly appreciate this info Balaton!!! Yeah not much in my favor for a throw in at all.

Thread Information