The watch I put on without thinking about it.
Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Molliedooker
  • 1 Post By Dan S
  • 1 Post By Molliedooker
  • 1 Post By azkid
  • 1 Post By journeyforce

Thread: The watch I put on without thinking about it.

The watch I put on without thinking about it.

I had not realized until the weekend when I could not find it that for at least 12 months I have had a Ďgo toí watch I wear when participating in outdoor activities requiring effort.
    In my case I sail and play golf and out of the 30/40 watches ranging from eco drives,quartz,accutrons, autos and manuals and brands including Omega,Lemania, Longines, Seiko, Cyma, aquastar dive etc etc I always wear the below old Roamer 520.
    I totally stripped and serviced it last year ( or the year before) and I know it gains 53 seconds a day and if I pull too vigorously on the crown to set the time it comes out ( split winding stem) yet I always wear it. I have ,on reflection , jumped overboard into seawater with it on a few of times and now realize itís my go to watch because it sits so snuggly on the wrist I donít think about it ,wonít snag on anything with the recessed crown and is easily read .
    Iíll have to give her another strip and clean after that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: The watch I put on without thinking about it.

There are some watches that just fit perfectly.

By the way, wherever you have been recently, welcome back!
    busmatt likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    There are some watches that just fit perfectly.

By the way, wherever you have been recently, welcome back!
    G’Day Dan,
    I’m chuffed you noticed. Been a bit crook since June but just about back to normal.
    Habitant likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is great to have one trustworthy go to watch! That one is a nice clean looking piece too.
    Molliedooker likes this.

A comfy watch is a comfy watch.

I have a G-Shock for true outdoorsy crap but it is too big for most activities so it sits in the watchbox.

My grab and go watch(after i wind and set it) is a 2000 Marathon 17 Jewel plastic watch. It is one of those quasi disposable watches that were issued to the US Military (an actual GSA branded watch and not the reproduction ones sold now)

I got it for $7 at a thrift store and it was beat to snot. The crystal is scratched and the dial lost some of its paint at the edge between 4 and 6 o'clock. That dial paint is stuck to the underside of the crystal. The time is easily read and the tritium tubes still glow like a torch. It also keeps perfect time

I have worn it to work and in important meetings(around folks with high dollar watches and suits) and doing chores. It is the only watch I can sleep with on the wrist.
    kazrich likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    A comfy watch is a comfy watch.

I have a G-Shock for true outdoorsy crap but it is too big for most activities so it sits in the watchbox.

My grab and go watch(after i wind and set it) is a 2000 Marathon 17 Jewel plastic watch. It is one of those quasi disposable watches that were issued to the US Military (an actual GSA branded watch and not the reproduction ones sold now)

I got it for $7 at a thrift store and it was beat to snot. The crystal is scratched and the dial lost some of its paint at the edge between 4 and 6 o'clock. That dial paint is stuck to the underside of the crystal. The time is easily read and the tritium tubes still glow like a torch. It also keeps perfect time

I have worn it to work and in important meetings(around folks with high dollar watches and suits) and doing chores. It is the only watch I can sleep with on the wrist.
    like the faithfull old mutt ,always there when you need company.

Thread Information