Watch ID -- EMBE Special Antimagnetc

Thread: Watch ID -- EMBE Special Antimagnetc

Watch ID -- EMBE Special Antimagnetc

I found this watch, was wondering what the approximate value us. I cant seem to find anything about it. It does have a cool deco look to it. Its too small for me, but nonetheless was a cool looking watch.

The metal is gold and the strap is a kind of black velvet.

The back of the watch says "swiss made -- de-luxe -- antimagnetic" around a circle and then "die cast" inside the circle.

Re: Watch ID -- EMBE Special Antimagnetc

Quote Originally Posted by atracksler View Post

The back of the watch says "swiss made -- de-luxe -- antimagnetic" around a circle and then "die cast" inside the circle.
    From the description of the watch it sounds like it has a cheap pin lever movement in it
    I'm a watchbreaker not a watchmaker.

I'd agree. It looks like it could be a watch from the far east. The display is 'direct read' or 'jump hour'.

Sorry, but we don't do valuations in here.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Christoph Lorenz speaks the truth on his site where hen mantions that the words 'de Luxe' appearing on a Swiss watch usually means the opposite of that. The 'de Luxe' label, the cast aluminium case, lack of stated jewel count and poorly laid-out direct-read dial (imitating a jump-hour), all hint at the low-grade motor driving it. Expect the very worst 1-jewel Swiss movement.

It's more a toy than a time-piece, but stil a great fun period piece, especially with that very groovy strap.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Christoph Lorenz speaks the truth on his site where hen mantions that the words 'de Luxe' appearing on a Swiss watch usually means the opposite of that. The 'de Luxe' label, the cast aluminium case, lack of stated jewel count and poorly laid-out direct-read dial (imitating a jump-hour), all hint at the low-grade motor driving it. Expect the very worst 1-jewel Swiss movement.
    I also avoid watches that say antimagnetic and unbreakable mainspring both written on the dial and diamond tooled on the caseback. Also sometimes the dial will have a number but jewels is not written next to it, this is one of the tricks the manufacturer used. example I bought a watch that said 21 and under the number it said jewelet, I opened up the watch and found a 1 Jewel movement.
    I'm a watchbreaker not a watchmaker.

Thread Information