Watch to Identify and give info

Thread: Watch to Identify and give info

Watch to Identify and give info

Recently I found a watch, and I need your help to identify the model and price. Here are the pictures:

http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/...0958888888.jpg

http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/...G096111111.jpg

Thanx!

Re: Watch to Identify and give info

I know the strap doesn't fit the watch (I know this because I have a couple like it).
    I don't know much about watches modeled after supercars.
    I do know that they are made, but not much about them.

We cannot identify the price for you, nor does this
    forum give any valuations. The photos don't show signs of
    any real high quality. But that is just what I see.

Peace,
    Scott

Hi -

First of all, welcome to WUS and the vintage and pocket watch forum. I hope we can help you...

This is a fairly modern watch, however, and there is little we can do to identify it based on the photos: it looks to be a no-name watch with a Ferrari emblem on it, and as such cannot be identified. This may well be a fake: Ferrari does not usually allow this without the name being clearly identified, and we severely frown on fakes and counterfeit watches, which would include this watch. Ferrari and the emblem are copy-righted and are trademarks, and the unauthorized use of such trademarks is unlawful and carries severe penalties for such unlawful use.

As far as I know, the only official Ferrari watch is the Ferrari Granturismo Rattrapante made by Panerai. This is definitely not such a watch.

Please do not buy counterfeits or fake watches or support those who do: it is against the law and may well support other organized crime activities such as illegal drug dealing, prostitution and the financing of terrorist organizations (all have been associated with counterfeit and fake watches).

Further, we do not do any sort of valuations: please read the notes at the top of the forum about the rules of the forum and why we do not do valuations.

Sorry we can't help out more: please feel free to ask about other vintage or pocket watches here, or other kinds of watches on the appropriate forums. Please also take the time to read the rules of the forum and WUS in general.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The display back appears to show an ETA 2892 automatic self winding watch. It is a modern watch. The use of the Ferrari logo on the front indicates an attempt to capitalize on the good name of Ferrari. As such it would generally be considered a no-name watch. Ebay will show a number of similar watches. The value of the watch is the value of the movement... if it is a 2892.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Wonder if it runs FAST?

Quote Originally Posted by Boge Quinn View Post
    Wonder if it runs FAST?
    LOL. Thats great.

Peace,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    The display back appears to show an ETA 2892 automatic self winding watch. It is a modern watch. The use of the Ferrari logo on the front indicates an attempt to capitalize on the good name of Ferrari. As such it would generally be considered a no-name watch. Ebay will show a number of similar watches. The value of the watch is the value of the movement... if it is a 2892.
    If only it were an ETA 2892 but it's actually a 21 jewel version of the ETA 2842 which is the same movement used in the inexpensive SWATCH automatics. This movement was introduced in 1997.

About a decade ago the Girard Perregaux watch company put out the Ferrari watch that looked exactly like the one pictured(3,500-20,000)...this is NOT that watch...there is many red flags that go off with this time piece and i would skip on the purchase...I would also suggest that you contact the car company or a dealership and ask if they ever gave out this type of watch as a promotion...so companies like M.Benz are known for using watches as promotions or gifts with their clients.I second the opinions of the forum about buying replica watchs(and handbags,belt,and anything else)its against the law,supports crime,and most of all is dis-honest and un-ethical because it takes money out of the pockets of the hard working people who developed the brands.

Thread Information