Watch newbie need some help deciding on a Rado Voyager.... :)

Thread: Watch newbie need some help deciding on a Rado Voyager.... :)

Confused Watch newbie need some help deciding on a Rado Voyager.... :)

Hi,

This is my first post at WUS, feels so good to be a part of such a great forum

I am looking at a rado voyager on the bay but i am not sure about the condition of the watch and if the asking price is reasonable. Can someone here help me out, please.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/170966249926?...ht_6093wt_1139

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Watch newbie need some help deciding on a Rado Voyager.... :)

Welcome to Watchuseek. I must say that I would be a little wary of that watch. The reason is that the watch looks very clean outside: no scratches, very clean dial. On the other hand, the movement is not as clean: definite signs of wear and possibly even different shadings on different movement parts (rotor excepted) which is often a sign that someone mixed different working parts from different watches, all of which were not working but could all be combined to make one working watch. Normally, you expect to see the inside of the watch shiny and squeaky clean since it is protected by the outside, not the other way round!

If you still like the watch, there is no reason not to buy it providing it works well. It is simply not as valuable as a 100% authentic watch that left the factory the way you see it on the table (plus some slight wear that normally accrues over the course of time). As for whether 100+ US$ are a decent price or whether you should be able to get such a watch for less or get a 100% authentic watch of the same type for that sort of cash, you will have to do your own research for that, I'm afraid.....

Just for info: the movement is a fairly standard calibre ETA 2836 which is still made today so that you can even get new watches with it; in addition, there is no problem getting spare parts if need be:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2836-2

Hartmut Richter

Re: Watch newbie need some help deciding on a Rado Voyager.... :)

Thanks a lot for looking at the listing @Hartmut. I think you have extensive knowledge of watches, because that advice is very detailed. I think i will give this one a miss.

Thread Information