Watch Real or Fake: Vintage 6 Jewel Seamaster

Thread: Watch Real or Fake: Vintage 6 Jewel Seamaster

Watch Real or Fake: Vintage 6 Jewel Seamaster

Hello -

I am new to this forum. I was interested in buying my first omega watch, searched ebay and found a basic looking watch. I wasn't sure if it is real, or not. It is a seamaster with 6 jewels and is Quartz. I checked the vintage omega database and couldn't match up any records.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123

Re: Watch Real or Fake: Vintage 6 Jewel Seamaster

Quote Originally Posted by cchrisvv View Post
    Hello -

I am new to this forum. I was interested in buying my first omega watch, searched ebay and found a basic looking watch. I wasn't sure if it is real, or not. It is a seamaster with 6 jewels and is Quartz. I checked the vintage omega database and couldn't match up any records.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123
    I know nothing about Omegas.

But the seller has 100% feedback with a score of 1599 and feedback that says 'integrity' etc.

I'd be inclined to think its genuine from a genuine seller who values his 100% rating. You buy the seller more than the watch. Good luck.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

It looks like a typical Omega quartz watch from the early 1980s. I have one myself.
    It's unlikely to be a fake, but we can't always tell from a photo. The seller seems to have good feedback as Marrick pointed out.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is very difficult to make a definitive answer without a movement pic. The description seems to indicate this is a calibre 1520 but Omega made no such calibre.

The dial pics look good and the dial is probably real. It is very difficult to duplicate the dimpled background this dial has.

The price was not a bargain but not a ripoff either.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I had an experience with a seller on ebay with 99% positive feedback and over a 1,000 responses. He sold me a fake Seamaster 300 (the most faked watch ever!). Lucky for me he took the watch back and I got a full refund. Just be careful.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Thread Information