Welcome to my new addition :)

Thread: Welcome to my new addition :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Welcome to my new addition :)

Good evening all. Here is my new addition to my collection.
    Have waited for 4 weeks for this to turn up in the mail from Israel and when it did it lasted about 14 minutes before it was in pieces.

As you can see from the "before" pics it was in a fairly sad state but the "after" pics tell a different story.

It works great and keeps accurate time. Unfortunately when i was putting the seconds hand back on i broke the post so will send it to my jeweller to fix. :(

Being a co-branded watch i don't know which company to date it by using the movement serial number. The number relating to omega's records dates the watch to 1895 (unlikely) or relating to Tissot's record date it to 1937-1939 which sounds better.
    If anyone out there has more information about this i would be most appreciative.

On with the show let the pics speak for themselves.

Before

And the afters. I replaced the strap with one of my new old stock shiny black croco leather deployment clasp strap. Even though it had a newish brown lizard print strap with it i hate brown with gold.

This is my 3rd restoration and the best yet i think. Its amazing what a pen plater and some polish can do.

The dial was cleaned with lighter fluid which did not remove the paint.
    The scratches in the dial gives some character. I think it shows its age or else it looks like a nodescript new watch.

Last edited by Marrick; March 13th, 2010 at 14:25. Reason: PM sent

Re: Welcome to my new addition :)

That is a really nice watch - well done with your restoration. I hope you haven't lost your second hand.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

No i was smart and put it in a small plastic container and marked it well what was inside it.

Again i'm happy with this resto.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

NIECELY DONE Chadness!
    congratulations, enjoy it!
    I did that anyway, another nice vintage saved from scrapping!

RJ van Melle.

Thanks RMELLE. i just can't throw anything to do with watches away regardless what it looks like lol. This one is too rare to scrap as well. have been testing the accuracy of it and seems to be keeping great time.:thanks

Great job! What liquid did you use to clean the dial?

Quote Originally Posted by MACz13 View Post
    Great job! What liquid did you use to clean the dial?

I used lighter fluid to clean it. I would normally use it for my zippo but it makes a great cleaning fluid as well. Its great for soaking movement parts as well because its very mild. I just soaked a cotton bud with it and rubbed lightly.

You are definitely getting your money's worth out of that plater The project turned out really well and I agree that leaving some imperfections on the dial just gives the piece character. I hope your watchmaker is able to do the repair quickly so that you can fully enjoy the watch.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    You are definitely getting your money's worth out of that plater The project turned out really well and I agree that leaving some imperfections on the dial just gives the piece character. I hope your watchmaker is able to do the repair quickly so that you can fully enjoy the watch.

Lol i can enjoy the watch now as it still works well just has no seconds hand. Keeps great time. And yeah i don't know how i lived without the pen plater before. So far i've done 3 watches with it this week.

I swear you're pushing me to the edge with that thing. I keep adding tools and parts and making lists of stuff I "need" for the watch hobby and the wife is starting to shoot me sideways looks. You are most definitely an enabler.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information