West End trench watch

Thread: West End trench watch

Question West End trench watch

Hi guys. What you think about it? I really like the dial and the watch seems to be in good condition. It's a Secundus 15 jewels. seems like 30 - 40s to me. Is it a trench watch? Unfortunately is over my budget and I don't know much about West end co..therefore I don't know if is just a random 20$ piece or something you would want to have in your collection. Sorry about the blurry pics

Last edited by LoveSexAndDrugs; December 9th, 2013 at 02:48.

Re: West End trench watch

West End is a very collectable brand. Lots of posts in here if you look - e.g. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/wes...es-641416.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/wes...co-160675.html

Basically, a Swiss brand which concentrated very much on marketing to India they used movements from a number of makers including Longines. Name:  Wesr End ad.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  20.1 KB

As most of their watches went to India, some appear on the market in a poor condition or badly redialled. Also note that many of their watches were rather small by today's standards. They can be a bit tricky to date as they kept model names for decades and continued to use 'old fashioned' dial designs long after other companies were chasing the latest trends.

BTW, that watch - which is on ebay - is tiny at 24mm across.

Still around West End Watch Co.

Last edited by Marrick; December 9th, 2013 at 09:18.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

That is a very nice example watch, worth owning.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. I really like it a lot and I would love to see it on my wrist. That thread was very helpful. And about the size, I know some of them used to be quite small.it s fine with me as I have a small wrist anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the watch went for £71 almost double the I bided. I will be looking for a similar in the future. For now I am planning my winter vacation. Was too much for my modest budget

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

In case anyone is still interested, the movement may well have been an earlier derivative of the Felsa 335 family:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Felsa 335

Hartmut Richter

Thanks Richter. Just for curiosity, is that an average price for which these type of watches go?

West End trench watch

Hi there,

£71 for what sounds like a ladies trench style wrist watch seems high! I would guess the size was not picked up by the winner.

I have sold (in the last 6 - 12 months) a 9ct gold version of that watch for less if memory
    serves correct... Which I think dated to the 30s (would need to check my photos when at my laptop).

Unless the market in these has picked up in the last few months, I think with an eagle eye and patients you could find a better buy in a bigger size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by Sparcster; December 10th, 2013 at 00:09.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Much appreciated. Well my bid was 30 quid. I would have probably gone for 40 - 45 if indeed the size was bigger. For me is not an issue however I would like to pay accordingly. So I decided to keep looking. There were also a few others spinning around 40~ but unmarked ceramic dial
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi there,

£71 for what sounds like a ladies trench style wrist watch seems high! I would guess the size was not picked up by the winner.

I have sold (in the last 6 - 12 months) a 9ct gold version of that watch for less if memory
    serves correct... Which I think dated to the 30s (would need to check my photos when at my laptop).

Unless the market in these has picked up in the last few months, I think with an eagle eye and patients you could find a better buy in a bigger size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thread Information