Westclox Crown Arrived!!! Difficult to Photograph OPINIONS PLEASE

Thread: Westclox Crown Arrived!!! Difficult to Photograph OPINIONS PLEASE

Westclox Crown Arrived!!! Difficult to Photograph OPINIONS PLEASE

MY new 70s Westclox Crown, 17 jewel Electric Blue Arrived today. Mint. It all started when I saw the Westclox Sceptre Thread and fell in love with the colors. Looked for wristwatches in Westclox colors on the bay and low and behold.... Theres a red one for 1,295 dollars. And my more modest blue. It is difficult to photograph and I take lousy watch photos anyway. Im going to add another daylight shot, these are halogen. I kinda like the band that came with it, not normally my style. So... opinions on watch and its look appreciated. I would like to find a red, a green, a PURPLE, etc, but as with my blue for, under 30.00 dollars.The first photo is no flash, the second, flash. I wish I knew how to a: have the photos be an integral part of the text as I see other people do and b: figure out how to get those creamy smooth photos I often see, mine are often harsh and can make the Most beautiful watch look less than mint, not to say, down right ugly!!! Thanks and all the best. P&P
    Most BIZZARE a second picture, not mine! has taken the place of my best pic no1 of Wclox. in my computer.!! Moderator whats going on ? Im leaving it to show you,its no westclox. This is happening over and over,no matter what I do. WEIRD, it transforms on its way from Westclox to whaterver that watch is, as I drag it from place to load on page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by parrotandpitbull; November 30th, 2010 at 07:35. Reason: some one elses picture crept in

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Westclox Crown Arrived!!! Difficult to Photograph OPINIONS PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    Most BIZZARE a second picture, not mine! has taken the place of my best pic no1 of Wclox. in my computer.!! Moderator whats going on ? Im leaving it to show you,its no westclox. This is happening over and over,no matter what I do. WEIRD, it transforms on its way from Westclox to whaterver that watch is, as I drag it from place to load on page.
    No idea, but it's only the thumbnail that is affected. The underlying photo seems to be the correct one:

Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

OK, the image Chas quoted just changed in between page visits (and back again???). Something is up with the board.

BTW, photographing watches is hard. You need a camera with a GOOD macro (most are bad) and no flash. It is all about control of reflections, some people even make whiteout containers to photograph. The longer the exposure, the better the depth. I think I am getting better - but look at Kibi etc, some people are true artists. There are guides around on watch photography, just search around.
    Last edited by trim; November 30th, 2010 at 10:13.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am trying another upload of the Westclox. I would like your opinions on my new watch, not the lousy photos. How do you avoid thumb nails and integrate the photos into the whole post? Thanks P&P

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    OK, the image Chas quoted just changed in between page visits (and back again???). Something is up with the board.
    You're right. The thumbnail is now correct but the main image is wrong!
    Chascomm

Weird things with the photo upload software have occurred in several forums. Unfortunately they appear to have no common cause, randomly occurring then not occurring. The tech staff is working on it. In the meantime, repost pics if failure occurs.

The management expresses it's apologies... I do too
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Yes i get it thats well and good but....... What do you folks think of my razzle dazzle.. Dazzling westclox ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    Yes i get it thats well and good but....... What do you folks think of my razzle dazzle.. Dazzling westclox ?!?!
    It's very colourful. The dial reminds me of some of the more vivid dials found on vintage Hong Kong watches. Great fun to wear as they change colour when moving from sunlight to indoor lighting.

This watch may have been made by Westclox or by a sub-contractor. The movement is not by Westclox (obviously, because Westclox movements don't have jewels). Likely it is a Seiko movement, but they also used Swiss movements in some of their watches in the 1970s, which is when this one seems to have been made.

Is there any text on the edge of the dial below the 6 o'clock marker? And can you tell us what is written on the caseback? A photo would be even better. And of course, if you feel confident to open the back, then a photo of the movement would reveal more about the age and origins of the watch.
    Chascomm

Re: Westclox Crown Arrived!!! HERE ARE BACK PHOTOS

Thanks for your comments Chascom. Here are photos of back of watch. No tool for opening, although I should buy one to show folks here mechanisms. Maybe these photos will help identify movement. Nothing under the 6 on dial. It keeps excellent time then burbs and looses 20 minutes. Frankly Im not going to service it. It was inexpensive and its going to stay that way. Unless it has some magnificent movement. I always have my phone if Im afraid its gone and lost time.

Thread Information