what do i have here ?

Thread: what do i have here ?

what do i have here ?

hey was at a flea market looking through some boxes this was at the bottom i asked the guy how much he said $20 so i said sure why not i wound it as i walked away and the thing started ticking away its kept steady time for about 2 1/2 hours now anyways to the good part its a waltham the hands look a bit rusted on the inside it says 11920379 awwco waltham mass the case is gaurenteed j.boss 20 years keystone here are some pictures any information about the date it was made or anything would be much appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: what do i have here ?

It is a Waltham grade 28 pendant set, 16 size 15 jewels made about 1902. Total production of grade 28 in open face 15 jewels was 32130 pcs between 1895 and 1902.

The hands have rusted because of the yellowed crystal. As the crystal material deteriorates it emits gases that will corrode metal. Remove it and change to a glass or plastic crystal ASAP.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

i have a few questions how much to replace the hands if i need to and how much to replace the glass where do i even find the glass for it and is it even worth doing to ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bring your watch to a good watchmaker, not jeweller, he will know where to get parts. Have it cleaned, olied and serviced at the same time, it will cost $50 to $150. If you want to source parts yourself you can try Ofrei or other suppliers of watch parts. Hands cost about $10 and crystal from about $5.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Thread Information