What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch company)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sdasurrey
  • 1 Post By GhentWatch

Thread: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch company)

What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch company)

As title states.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Chronographs from the late 40s to 80s.
    But these Landeron /Landeron Hahn chronographs always seem to elude me.

I know these are described in certain books and that you have to judge by Ligne size and not calibre number.

Are parts still available? Do these fetch high prices?
    Are these sought after?
    When did the Landeron - Hahn connection stop?

Onto the Nicolet watch company,

Seeing as these early Landeron Monopushers and Landeron 39 (column wheel) ebauches are fairly rare, I keep seeing the Nicolet watchco pop up.
    Seems as they used almost exclusively Landeron 39 and early monopusher examples?

Cheers
    Vintage Chronographs and Divers are my thing.

Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch company)

Hi - I'm certainly not the expert in answering your questions - but I posted this watch I acquired about a month ago and I guess I'll post it again here as it has a Landeron Hahn movement, probably 1930s ? I couldn't find much about the brand name.

I have been acquiring some 'mono pushers', to date 4 Eberhards that usually are 39 mm with valjioux 65 movements. This watch is 40mm (still with my sister in California) which is where I ship vintage watches acquired in the U.S. until I pick them up physically.

I don't like quoting prices but this was not too inexpensive but also not very expensive by my definition....pics below, cheers, SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    busmatt likes this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch company)

I don't have pictures yet. (listing is deleted and it is being sent over to me)
    It's a Nicolet Watch, in a 40mm chromed case (going to have it replated, heresy I know) with a GORGEOUS white metal dial with blue and red tracks and minimalistic (I could call it Bauhaus) numerals.
    Agewise I think late 30s to very early 40s comes to mind.

I paid in my opinion next to nothing ( under 250 Euros) but it will require a service and some parts. Never the less I found it extraordinary to buy a column wheel monopusher for that kind of money.

Lovely Breguet Numerals and hands on yours!
    Sdasurrey likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

Thanks - yes, I'm a big fan of Breguet numerals and original hands - certainly I I paid a multiple of yours ! Just won't say what number to put in front of the 'X' sign !

So look forward to the pics - at 40mm for both of ours these are a fairly unique size for that era, cheers, SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

Interesting. Neither have I seen a Landeron 39 in a watch, brand of which wouldn't have been registered to a Nicolet company. It is not that unlikely, that the 39 could have been manufactured for them only. Might be a similar story as with Longines and ETA (the A07 column wheel chrono). Yes, this one is between two companies owned by the Swatch Group, so it might not be that good as an example after all, but...
    As to the rarity of column-wheel Landeron monopushers... Keep in mind, that the 39 wasn't the only one- the 11 and 13 were also column-wheel monopusher movements. I have no idea, how many of them are out there though.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Just got off the phone. This one is an early Landeron-Hahn with monorattrapante bovet patent which was converted to a 'regular' monopusher chrono.

Thread Information