What do you think of this trade I've made?

Thread: What do you think of this trade I've made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of this trade I've made?

I've made a trade today, my Tissot/Omega/Lemania 872 + my Glashütte world timer + a few euro's

for this Omega Dynamic

I have put it on a real croc because I like leather more than steel in winters

I think I've made a good deal because I never wear the Tissot or the Glashütte

Thanks for looking!

Frans

Banned

Re: What do you think of this trade I've made?

If you never wear them, then you did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    If you never wear them, then you did the right thing.
    Thanks, that's exact what I thought ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Omega dial looks pretty fresh!
    The Tissot I would also have let go (or not bought in the first place) - even the movement (very likely Valjoux 7733) is not very exiting. The Dynamic is fly-back, right?

The Omega isn't a vintage yet, I don't know the exact date but these were made end 90-ties begin 2000.
    The Tissot was a rare one, Omega case and Lemania 872 movement and in almost new condition. I've bought it from a pic and because of the very nice movement, didn't realise that I'm not a person for big gold watches ;)

Oh thanks - I have a 2-eyed Tissot Seastar ("PR516 case") with Lemania 872 myself, but had thought that the later ones (and this is pretty clearly 70ies) were not equipped with that anymore. Otherwise I share Your opinion .

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Well, it's all up to you but I wouldn't have done it. The Omega has a fairly common Cal. ETA 2894 or similar 2892 adaptation (small second at 3:00). If it had been a Lemania movement or a vintage with Valjoux or a Cal. 3313, I might have been tempted.....

Hartmut Richter

I have the same Tissot, albeit not 'the big gold chrono' , but with a red dial, so understand your decision to part with it as I'm not really into gold watches. I don't know much about the other one you traded, apart from I quite like the look of it!!

The Omega dial does look very fresh, and I was thinking 'redial' when I first saw it, but if it's as recent as the late 90's then that it explains it!!

The Omega style doesn't really do anything for me personally, but I'm not gonna be the one wearing it, so if you like it that's the important thing

It'd be a damn boring place if we all liked and posted up pictures of the same watches now wouldn't it??

You are right about the quality of the movement but with a collection of over 50 I tought this time I go for the looks.

Lemania

versus Eta1138 (sorry not my pic)

The looks, Tissot Navigator

versus Omega Dynamic

I think that the Omega gets much more wrist time simply because it fits me more.

cheers

I like the small Omega golden watches like the early bumpers and 30T2's but this Tissot was to bling bling for me ;)
    The Glashütte was a very rare example of the Spezimatic, with a blue dial never seen another only in white and collectors pay a lot for them (check chrono24 and sometimes the Bay) I've noticed but it looked so cheap on my wrist that I didn't wear it, got it btw in a trade for a Landmonster.

Here's a link with some info about the Dynamics: CHRONO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information