What is a Gruen Paladin pentagon watch?

Thread: What is a Gruen Paladin pentagon watch?

What is a Gruen Paladin pentagon watch?

Still after the elusive Gruen pocket watch history. A box is for sale missing the inner cover that holds the watch marked for Paladin model. About 1923. Seems it is a special pentagon case one. It is only one I never saw or heard of. Have looked everywhere. Photo showing the Paladin box which seems to be a cheaper version of the 50th Anniversary one shown in old ad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by artb; March 24th, 2010 at 15:38. Reason: add

There is a section in ....

... National Association of Watch And Clock Collectors Supplement Number Ten from 1974 - "The Priceless Possession of the Few" that discusses the Gruen 50th anniversary watch.

Cheers from the cellar

Re: What is a Gruen Paladin pentagon watch?

A fine reference for the 50th. I showed the box for it as similar to that for the Paladin. Corrected the lousy description. I think the Paladin may be rarer than the 50th.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: What is a Gruen Paladin pentagon watch?

This is a pretty old thread but today I came around a Paladin watch. It is a solid gold 14k Pentagon with spme black email onaments and a 21 jewel movement. It says Dietrich Gruen on the dail. I looked for advertisements of the watch and found it being sold from October 1927 to October 1929 for $250.
    After having looked for it closer I found a number of examples, so it is not as rare as a 50th anniversary which has been a limited edition watch which one had to apply for and Fred Gruen himself decided who got one...

Name:  Paaladin.JPG
Views: 19
Size:  33.0 KB

Thread Information