What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Poland
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By river rat

Thread: What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Poland

What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Poland

Hello,

I have some questions please. What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Poland ? Could ORIENT and SEIKO be found in the former USSR ? If yes is the answer. What years did they start do enter in the USSR please ? What Swiss watches could be found in the former communist Poland please ? I know about Atlantic. But other brands ? Thank you !

Re: What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Po

Hi, any brands can be found NOW because they could enter after the soviet collapse
    Chaos is my focus

Re: What Japanese and Swiss watches brands could be found in the former USSR and former communist Po

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    Hi, any brands can be found NOW because they could enter after the soviet collapse
    Here is a cool site in the Czech republic that was once communist like Poland were a lot of pre-WW2 Swiss brands pop up. I bought a Zenith Special from this seller a lot of cool vintage stuff pops up here why not Poland.
    Antik-hodinky.cz - zlaté, st?íbrné, náramkové, letecké, staro?itné
    There's a English flag hit that to read in English a cool candy store personally think your wrong.
    Last edited by river rat; November 15th, 2017 at 12:50.
    laikrodukas likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very interesting website ! Thank you ! But I am interested also to know what brands of swiss or japanese watches were in the shops of USSR or former communist Poland. I want to know if they were on the stock for people or you could buy such watches difficult. For example could someone find and buy in the 60's or 70's or 80's other watches than Soviet ones on the Eastern block market ?

I saw some Orients right after the Soviet Union collapsed. But I'm not sure if these were authentic or not. Also I remember a lot of Chinese Montana watches, these became iconic watches of that time. But I do not think there were any Japanese or Swiss watches in Soviet Union in 80s or before. Only a few people (like Gagarin) could get a Swiss/foreign watch.

I know nothing about Poland. Poland was not Communist before WW2, so things might have been slightly different.

Orient definitely was available in middle of 1980s in Beryozka retail stores. I saw these watches were purchased by USSR officers returned from Afghanistan. Their salary was payed in that Vneshposyltorg checks.
    Vintage Zodiac addict.

Darwil, Omikron, Doxa, and maybe LIP, to name but a few.

Regards.

Doxa, Cyma, Delbana, Atlantic, and - on a somewhat limited scale - Tissot. As far as I know, Zenith was also fairly popular there, but I'd assume that the original owners of Zeniths were more likely to have bought them on trips to beyond the Iron Curtain. Throughout the Eastern Bloc, the wealthy and high-ranking officials of the Communist parties tended to have a certain affinity for Patek and IWC, but again, it is most unlikely that they would have acquired them in their own countries.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information