What rare is the riveted bracelet for Rolex
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What rare is the riveted bracelet for Rolex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What rare is the riveted bracelet for Rolex

I have a Rolex Oyster Perpetual gold capped with original riveted bracelet the bracelet is loosing the gold the bracelet says 20 microns i know is original but i dont see very often just I want to know what rare is itm
    Last edited by love4watches; June 11th, 2015 at 02:00. Reason: What rare is the riveted gold filled for Rolex?

Re: What rare is the riveted bracelet for Rolex

It is a "rolex" bracelet in a copy-Rolex.

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Apparently the 6635 is an expanding bracelet, and the 57 end links are for the Perpetual Date and Air King models, from the 1960's-on.

Source-Rolexforums.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Can't help with the bracelet but you don't see too many gold capped Rolex and as a result some people assume they are fake.

I do some galvanizing jobs myself on other objects. Even 20 micron layers come off sooner or later. Never try to do something yourself with some of those hobby-kits and even more professional equipment some watchmakers and jewellers have, give you 3 micron, but that is a job to be done more from scratch. If that bracelet is real, then it is worth to be restored professionally, which requires a total disassembly and removal of old layers. I am lucky to have a galvanizer nearby, who specializes in smaller objects of different material and types and of course knows how to bulit up the layers (like gold would never go over copper or zink without some nickel or palladium in between etc.). The guys do the 'golden' records (CDs) of Mariah Carey, Anastasia, Shakira in the country and, more importantly, did the partial-restoring of the outer case of one of my verge watches. The girls had been even more proud when they heard about that...
    bobbee and busmatt like this.

Everything must be taken apart. Sometimes people don't even bother to open the buckle before galvanizing (electro-plating in this case). Terrible, just terrible!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Border-Reiver; June 11th, 2015 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Border-Reiver View Post
    I do some galvanizing jobs myself on other objects. Even 20 micron layers come off sooner or later. Never try to do something yourself with some of those hobby-kits and even more professional equipment some watchmakers and jewellers have, give you 3 micron, but that is a job to be done more from scratch. If that bracelet is real, then it is worth to be restored professionally, which requires a total disassembly and removal of old layers. I am lucky to have a galvanizer nearby, who specializes in smaller objects of different material and types and of course knows how to bulit up the layers (like gold would never go over copper or zink without some nickel or palladium in between etc.). The guys do the 'golden' records (CDs) of Mariah Carey, Anastasia, Shakira in the country and, more importantly, did the partial-restoring of the outer case of one of my verge watches. The girls had been even more proud when they heard about that...
    I know this is a real bracelet i got on Rolex oyster perpetual the case on the watch is perfect just the bracelet need work on it thanks guys for you help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
    Can't help with the bracelet but you don't see too many gold capped Rolex and as a result some people assume they are fake.
    Thanks I know this is a real bracelet have a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by love4watches View Post
    Thanks I know this is a real bracelet have a great day!!

I understand that, and I understand, if you want to have this bracelet restored, this can only be done by a professional galvanizing shop. Otherwise, I don't know much about Rolex watches. Perhaps you might get a new bracelet for every day wear and keep the old one in the collection.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; June 11th, 2015 at 16:30.
    busmatt likes this.

Without being an expert on Rolex watches (I do not even own one) I am worried a bit about the dial. On the bottom, you usually find 'T Swiss Made T' or just 'Swiss Made' and this one has only 'T Swiss T'. But I am sure the experts will be able to say if on the earlier models they just had 'Swiss' or perhaps the guy responsible for making the dial just had a bad day...
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; June 11th, 2015 at 16:42.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information