What's it Worth?

Thread: What's it Worth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's it Worth?

I've been wanting a gold hunter case pocket watch for a long time; saw a Doxa for less that was beautiful but wasn't hunter case.

I picked this one up for app $400. Good, bad, or indifferent? I know I should have asked here first, but the opportunity wasn't indefinite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: What's it Worth?

if you read the sticky notes, we dont give valuations here. as with all things its worth what someone is prepared to pay, you were happy to pay that amount to own it, so thats its value to you, enjoy it take care of it and have it serviced, and it will give you years of pleasure, its a very pretty watch. others here will i am sure give you more detailed info on the watch
    A man with a watch always knows what the time is. A man with two watches is never sure.

My bad. I read the 7 points but gathered that it just meant valuations were imprecise, not verboten.
    Well, this one was a good 200 less than any comparable one, so I'm happy at any rate. It runs strong and accurate, but will still get it serviced.
    Wonder what servicing a PW runs?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    My bad. I read the 7 points but gathered that it just meant valuations were imprecise, not verboten.
    Well, this one was a good 200 less than any comparable one, so I'm happy at any rate. It runs strong and accurate, but will still get it serviced.
    Wonder what servicing a PW runs?
    Usually about the same as a wristwatch.

A poll on one of the forums a year or two ago suggested that $100 was about average (more if high end brand or lots of complications)

Its smallish and only 7j, but it looks clean and the case is nice. Wouldn't call it a bargain, but you certainly didn't get ripped off.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

40mm. I would have liked a bigger one, but the larger 14k ones are closer to $1000 than to the price of this one.
    It's my first PW. I'm looking at a Tissot too.

Hi -

There are two posts there: the second one clearly states that neither Ray nor I will value a watch.

And I think that our goal was clear: we don't do valuations. We're not lawyers.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Really, I'm prostrate with shame, but still not seeing the post you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    Really, I'm prostrate with shame, but still not seeing the post you're referring to.
    I suspect he means the June 6, 2007 post (ie the second post) in this thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=67379

It starts off with:
    First of all the standard disclaimer. JohnF and I never offer a valuation for sale of any watch
    Maybe RAY can edit the two posts to combine them and make it clearer that "nobody" is to offer a valuation.

The movement is a rather common 6 size grade 95 with over 400.000 made, and with 7 jewels as Absolom said. But with that fine case it would have made the lady owner very proud back in 1889.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information