when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By brawijaya80
  • 1 Post By brawijaya80

Thread: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    280

    when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/wts...l-2520602.html

    The above enicar Sherpa guide for sale here is advertised as genuine.
    The watch is cobbled up from two totally different Sherpa guide mk
    It has a later short lug case and hands with an early long lug crowns and I suspect inner caseback .
    GMT hand is coloured in from the probably original older steel GMT hand.
    The seller is aware. But has not voluntarily corrected.
    Gets back to the original Axe my grandfather gave me. All original but o have changed five handles and two heads.
    Is it still original?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    75

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    In my opinion no

  3. #3
    Member saxoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wien
    Posts
    2,610

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    If you have a strong case, you could alarm the moderators, it should be at least described properly if its cobbled together from 2 watches.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member mkws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,582

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Is it still original?
    NO! If it's made out of two different watches, then it's a frankenwatch- though some prefer the term "marriage watch" for a watch made of two watches by the same brand. If he is aware, but is not willing to inform potential buyers about it, then he's dishonest at least. Though asking $900 for a franken makes me think of other words than "dishonest", and none of these terms is even close to being suitable to be used in this forum.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

    (...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

    For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    399

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/wts...l-2520602.html

    The above enicar Sherpa guide for sale here is advertised as genuine.
    The watch is cobbled up from two totally different Sherpa guide mk
    It has a later short lug case and hands with an early long lug crowns and I suspect inner caseback .
    GMT hand is coloured in from the probably original older steel GMT hand.
    The seller is aware. But has not voluntarily corrected.
    Gets back to the original Axe my grandfather gave me. All original but o have changed five handles and two heads.
    Is it still original?

    Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    NO! If it's made out of two different watches, then it's a frankenwatch- though some prefer the term "marriage watch" for a watch made of two watches by the same brand. If he is aware, but is not willing to inform potential buyers about it, then he's dishonest at least. Though asking $900 for a franken makes me think of other words than "dishonest", and none of these terms is even close to being suitable to be used in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by saxoo View Post
    If you have a strong case, you could alarm the moderators, it should be at least described properly if its cobbled together from 2 watches.

    This Thread is talking about my FS watch... hehehe no problem at all..

    Maybe im wrong but i dont know is all original or not. Previous owner tell me like that.
    So, sorry for mistaken and i will edit my thread, im only just collecting old enicars from my place..

    Btw, please tell me watch parts has been swap or replaced? and what kind of watch the parts taken?
    so i can aware the potential buyer.. and want sell it as is, no secret for them.

    Kind regards
    saxoo likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    399

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    I just have private massege from stigmata..

    This the info :
    Crowns are wrong for a short lug. Their from early guide
    GMT hand wrong not chequered
    Case back from early guide you can check inside probably has a date stamped from 1960s .. Short lugs have no date.

    Also know that the gs crystals for the enicar guides are not an exact fit they leave a gap so they're prone to humidity and water.
    We still need originals
    They're also not armoured plexi so you need to disclose of you swap the original.

    Thanks for the info
    stigmata
    I will update and edit my FS Thread...

    I hope this case closed, sorry for being lack of knowledge of vintage enicars..

    Regards
    Last edited by brawijaya80; October 29th, 2015 at 04:03.
    saxoo likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    280

    Re: when is a genuine enicar Sherpa not a genuine enicar Sherpa?

    All good. You should double check the other too.
    I couldn't find your second. I hope from a different source

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: ENICAR ++ Sherpa Guide / Sherpa Super Dive / Star Diver
      By GGatsby in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: August 17th, 2015, 15:41
    2. WTB: Enicar Sherpa Ultradive, Superdive, Sherpa Ops
      By JMacD87 in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 18th, 2015, 23:49
    3. WTB: Enicar Sherpa Ops PVD diver/ Sherpa Ultradive
      By GlennSim in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: October 3rd, 2014, 17:23
    4. FS: Vintage Enicar Sherpa Guide Compressor Diver -cheapest enicar sherpa guide
      By GlennSim in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: February 26th, 2011, 03:35
    5. SOLD: Rare '64 ENICAR Sherpa Super-Dive 40mm Super Compressor on Enicar BOR Bracelet...
      By gr8sw in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: November 3rd, 2010, 18:29

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •