WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Where can I find Tavannes / Cyma 370 Movement or Complete Balance

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  28A 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Tavannes / Cyma 370 movement with a good, complete, working balance to swap over with the one in my watch. Mine has a balance staff that works but may not be the correct one (there are three listed staffs for the 370 movement). If i can find another movement with a good balance, or just the balance itself, my watchmaker can swap them over and he said it'll gain my watch an appreciable amount of timekeeping accuracy due to positional error in one position.

If anyone can help, i'd be greatly appreciative.

Nick.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a picture of the movement in question. If you have a bunch of spare movements, please search through them and see if you have one of these! If so, let me know!

#4 ·
Thanks for the pm mate, may be helpful but i don't know.

Will keep looking!

Reactions: busmatt
#6 ·
That does look like it, thankyou for that! I hadn't seen that one. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully bids don't go up on it too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apollonaught
#7 ·
I see its local also, that's very convenient. That'll save me on shipping and the exchange rate of the U.S. and UK stuff.

#8 ·
As it`s a non runner though,i would contact the seller to make sure that the balance swings freely when shaken,and/or it has 370 stamped under the balance to be on the safe side,but i`m sure you would know this already.Hope you get it.

P.s I`m absent for a few days and will not be able to reply to this thread.

#9 ·
Have already contacted. If I win it and balance isn't right I'll clean it up and resell it and just get the balance staff swapped. Hopefully it'll be right. It should be.

Thanks again for the find mate, appreciate it!

#10 ·
Hi Nick,

Sorry you are having issues with this watch!

Im not sure, but you may find that some of the cyma/tavannes variations have the same balance set up.... i.e this one appears to have the same balance cock design, regulator, etc.

early Cyma Tavannes 15j. watch movement for parts | eBay

good luck with it.

Marc

#11 ·
Hey Marc!

Hey man don't stress it isn't your fault, just bad luck. The watch has been keeping almost impeccable time since its service though so I'm really happy with it. It was definitely a lack of wind the first night as Saturday and Sunday nights haven't slowed it down at all.

I did come across that one and you might be right that they could be the same. I'm keeping an eye on the local watch with the 370 movement and should be able to nab that tomorrow morning as the seller states local buyers only and It finishes at 930 when everyone's at work, and I'm not because I don't have uni tomorrow. So that should give me an advantage.

I'll keep you guys informed of how I go tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.