Where can I send my 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver for new seals and pressure testing?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan S

Thread: Where can I send my 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver for new seals and pressure testing?

Where can I send my 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver for new seals and pressure testing?

I have a 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver that needs new seals and to be pressure tested. I don't think the movement needs serviced. It's in very good working order and keeps great time, but has gotten a little condensation under the crystal. I'd like to send it to someone to look it over, replace seals, and do some pressure testing so I can wear it as my everyday watch.

There are no watchmakers local to me, so I'll need to send it off somewhere. I'd love your recommendations on somewhere that will do a good job in a reasonable amount of time and at a reasonable cost.

Thanks!

Re: Where can I send my 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver for new seals and pressure testing?

When was it last serviced?

Re: Where can I send my 1972 Caravelle Devil Diver for new seals and pressure testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    When was it last serviced?
    I thought the movement had been serviced right before I bought it, but after looking at my records, the service history is unknown. But like I said, it's been running great for the 6 months or so that I've owned it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If moisture has been entering the watch for an unknown period of time, and the service history is unknown, then I think you would be wise to consider a full service if you're planning to wear it daily. Certainly if I were a watchmaker, I wouldn't be too excited about just replacing the seals for a stranger in a situation like this.
    MoreWatches likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thread Information